Mount Sinai "Director of Simulation Education" Featured Job Listing
Institution: Mount Sinai
Job Title: Director of Simulation Education
Job Location: NY
Careers at Mount Sinai: The Possibilities are Limitless Join our extraordinary new world of health care At the Mount Sinai Health System, our passion for excellence and entrepreneurial spirit is providing patients with the best care possible through groundbreaking research, advanced biomedical education and compassionate patient care. Mount Sinai St. Luke’s and Mount Sinai Roosevelt, member hospitals of the Health System, are driven by a shared purpose to heal, teach and advance medicine for the benefit of our local neighbors and global community.
In regards to clinical Quality, Research & Education, people from all walks of life have benefited from the learning and medical discoveries pioneered at our hospitals. We offer a wealth of career opportunities to work with outstanding multidisciplinary clinical research teams, alongside physicians and MDs/PhDs at our highly regarded medical research institutes, centers, laboratories and other member hospitals.
We currently have an opportunity for a Director of Simulation Education to join our interdisciplinary team.
What We Offer:
- A state-of-the-art Simulation Center with three training labs developed in 2007 that features sophisticated audiovisual (A/V) equipment & several cameras located in various positions to capture accurate and detailed images of all events recorded in the Simulation Lab
- Several high-fidelity manikins and other task trainers and virtual simulators
- Designated faculty and simulation center staff with years of experience and a strong commitment to high quality teaching and patient safety
- An environment that promotes research in quality improvement and patient safety by leveraging technology, education and innovation
What You’ll Do:
- Spearhead the development, implementation and evaluation of educational programming, and oversee and provide guidance for educational research projects at the Center for Advanced Medical Simulation (CAMS)
- Promote excellence in teaching through respectful behavior, role modeling and serving as a simulation mentor to clinicians, staff and management team
- Conduct research in simulation education, as well as collaborate with multidisciplinary faculty to develop innovative research in education including design of study protocol, identification of funding sources, assistance with collection and analysis of data, and reporting results of research projects
- Work with the CAMS Director and leadership to provide short- and long-range comprehensive strategic and operational planning in support of the center and to refine priorities and implement policies, procedures and practice standards consistent with the mission and educational objectives of the center.
What You Need:
- Master’s Degree in Education
- 2 years of experience in simulation (preferred) • Experience in healthcare, higher education will be considered • Demonstrated leadership abilities and exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
Post and Read More on the HealthySim Medical Simulation Jobs Page
Learn More About this Position at: http://www.wehealny-employment.com/
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.