Healthcare Simulation Conferences & Workshops
Healthcare Simulation conferences are an absolute must for professionals seeking to start or expand their institution’s simulation programs. As there are very few educational pathways for Medical Simulation professionals, participating in simulation in healthcare conferences like SimGHOSTS, IMSH or INACSL are a crucial step in developing or expanding your institution’s program and developing your professional career.
There are plenty of fantastic global conferences coming up in 2019 that provide a range of focused simulation learning, networking, and vendor engagement opportunities, so save the dates for these special events listed below. Previous annual events are summarized in the drop down fields at the bottom of the page.
Don’t See Your Event Listed? Email us to have your healthcare simulation conference listed.
2019 Medical Simulation Conferences & Workshops
Featured Media Partnership Listings:
Patient Safety Movement Foundation Mid Year Planning Meeting
September 17, 2019 (World Patient Safety Day!) at UC Irvine Health, CA
The Patient Safety Movement Foundation’s Midyear Planning Meeting, co-convened with UC Irvine Health, will take place on Tuesday, September 17th, 2019, at the Beckman Center of the National Academies of Sciences & Engineering, University of California, Irvine (UCI) on World Patient Safety Day! This full-day working meeting will bring together one hundred global stakeholders across healthcare for an intimate examination and discussion about how we can continue planning for ZERO preventable deaths in hospitals. This meeting allows an opportunity for participants to provide their experiences and expertise as we propel our mission of ZERO forward.
Annual World Patient Safety, Science & Technology Summits
Huntington Beach, California
The 7th Annual World Patient Safety, Science & Technology Summit will be co-convened by the American Society of Anesthesiologists and the European Society of Anaesthesiology. The 2019 Summit will gather international hospital leaders, medical and information technology companies, the patient advocacy community, public policy makers and government officials, to discuss solutions to the leading challenges that cause preventable patient deaths in hospitals worldwide.
International Society for Quality in Health Care (ISQua) Patient Safety Conference
October 20th-23rd in Cape Town, South Africa
The International Society for Quality in Healthcare Care, or ISQua, is a member-based, not-for-profit community and organization dedicated to promoting quality improvement in health care, who have been working to improve the quality and safety of health care worldwide for over 30 years! Their extensive network of health care professionals spans over 70 countries and 6 continents all of whom share the goal of improving patient safety through education, knowledge sharing, external evaluation, supporting health systems worldwide and connecting like-minded people through their health care networks.
SimGHOSTS Hands-on Simulation Technology Conferences
SimGHOSTS Annual Hands-On Simulation Technology Operations Symposiums
August 4-7th, 2020
See Website for 2020 Information.
SimGHOSTS 2019 “S3” Singapore Event
In collaboration with SESAM and SingHealth
October 22nd – 25th, 2019
Additional International Events TBA, See Website for Details!
International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning (INACSL) Conference 2020
June 24-27, 2020
Conference Location: Raleigh Convention Center
Human Patient Simulation Network (HPSN) Conferences
World Event Feb. 26-28 (2019) in Orlando, Florida
*Update* This event will be live streamed so stay tuned for details! CAE’s largest Human Patient Simulation Network conference is back! In 2019 they will be looking for you to join them in the UK and Orlando and share your passion for healthcare education through simulation. No matter your background, no matter your experience, HPSN World never fails to inspire. Choose from over 100 sessions on simulation-based learning and earn CEUs. Enjoy the stimulating keynote presentations and interactive special events. Select from a range of pre-conference training courses. Be the first to experience exciting new methodologies and technologies. Collaborate and connect with a truly global medical simulation community, and more!
October 9 – 11 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (More Dates Below)
By UPMC WISER, UM GCRME, and UH SimTiki
This 3-day internationally renowned program, created in collaborative effort between WISER at the University of Pittsburgh and the Gordon Center for Research in Medical Education at the University of Miami, is designed as an introduction to fundamental skills and abilities for delivering simulation-based healthcare education through a variety of techniques and technologies. The program emphasizes hands-on activities and active participation to maximize simulation-based instruction skill acquisition. Class group sizes are kept small to allow for maximum participation. The primary audience for this course are healthcare educators wishing to improve their skills as instructors in simulation education.
SimONE SIM Expo:
October 21-22 in Montreal, Canada
Join Canada’s passionate, interprofessional healthcare simulation community and world-leading experts at the 2019 SIM Expo! SIM Expo continues to be the largest interprofessional and multidisciplinary simulation conference in Canada and they are excited to bring it to Montréal for 2019! Each year, the SIM Expo brings together healthcare leaders in university, college, hospital, emergency services, and community care sectors. Their participants are deans, administrators, educators, clinicians, SIM centre managers and directors, and researchers from all health professions. Most participants are Canadian but it is an open conference and each year they are honored to host some international participants.
Congreso Federación Latinoamericana de Simulación Clínica y Seguridad del Paciente: October 30th – November 1st in Cancun, Mexico
In 2007 the Latin American Society for Simulation in Healthcare (ALASIC) was founded by members from different Northern, Central and South American countries with the idea of building collaboration and networking from across the continent. In 2017, the FLASIC organization was born from ALASIC to act a federation of smaller regional simulation societies, which now maintains almost 1,000 members from 7 different societies who can collaborate and share via an online network. Every 2 years FLASIC holds its biennial conference with the 2019 being held in Cancun this October 30th to November 1st. The event will host workshops, lectures, posters, and an exhibit hall, all in an all inclusive hotel right near the beach! Keynote speakers include José Maestre from Spain, speaking on simulation faculty development, Marlova Silva from Chile speaking on simulation implementation, Roger Daglius from Brazil speaking on clinical simulation innovation, and Grl. Dr. Octavio Ruíz from Mexico speaking on leadership in healthcare simulation.
Association for Simulated Practice in Healthcare (ASPiH UK) Annual Conference: Nov. 4 – 6 in Belfast, Ireland
ASPiH is a not-for-profit membership Association comprising of members drawn from healthcare, education and patient safety backgrounds including researchers, learning technologists, workforce development or education managers, administrators, and healthcare staff and students. All have a genuine interest in new and innovative methods of learning, as well as optimizing the use of existing simulation resources within their practice. Their membership bridges undergraduate and pre- registration education as well as postgraduate and post registration training and on-going CPD for all of the health and social care workforce. This annual event is the premiere UK-based event for all things clinical simulation!
2019 Medical Simulation Conferences
General Conference Listings:
- NLN/University of Central Florida Simulation Conference – March 7 – 8 in Orlando, Florida
- Dutch Society for Simulation in Healthcare (DSSH) Congress – March 13 in Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Virtual Reality and Healthcare Symposium – March 7 – 8 in Tucson, Arizona
- NLN/University of Central Florida Simulation Conference – March 7-8 in Orlando, FL
- Virtual Medicine 2019 at Cedars-Sinai – March 27 – 28 in Los Angeles, California
- Tennessee Simulation Alliance Conference – March 27 – 28 at University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Knoxville, Tennessee
- STARS: Simulation and Training for Resilience and Safety (Multiple Industries) – March 26 – 27 in London, UK
- 7º Congreso Nacional Sociedad Española de Simulación Clínica y Seguridad del Paciente – 4 al 6 de Abril. Campus de Villaviciosa de Odón (Spain)
- IHI Summit of Improving Patient Care – April 11 -13 in San Francisco, CA
- Simulation in Rural Healthcare Conference (SIRH) – April 16 – 18 in Omaha, Nebraska
- NYC Health + Hospitals Simulation Center 3rd Symposium – April 23 in the Bronx, NY
- International Pediatric Society for Simulation (IPSS) Symposium – May 20 – 22 in Toronto, Canada
- National Forum on Simulation for Quality & Safety – May 28 in Vancouver, Canada
- Association of Standardized Patient Educators Annual Conference (ASPE)– June 8 – 11 in Orlando Florida
- Society in Europe for Simulation Applied to Medicine (SESAM) Annual Conference – June 12 – 14 in Glasgow, UK
- International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation & Learning (INACSL) Conference – June 19 – 22 in Phoenix, Arizona
- UK Patient Safety Congress – July 2-3 in Manchester Central, UK
- University of Cincinnati College of Nursing 7th iCoN – July 9-11 in Cincinnati, OH
- Simulation Professionals of Texas Connections & Collaborations – August 9th, 10AM-2PM at Texas Christian University in Fort Worth, TX
- Australasian Simulation Congress (Multiple Industries) – September 2 – 5 in Gold Coast, Australia
- Spectrum Health Simulation Conference 2019: Discover the Possibilities – September 9th at Grand Valley State University in Grand Rapids, MI
- Kansas City Healthcare Simulation Conference – September 20th at Johnson County Community College in Overland Park, KS
- Columbia University SON Innovations in Simulation Summit – October 11th at Columbia University School of Nursing in NY, NY
- Arizona Simulation Network 9th Annual Conference – October 12th at Grand Canyon University in Phoenix, AZ
- SimONE SIM Expo – October 21-22 in Montreal, Canada
- AlaSim Conference – October 24th in Huntsville, Alabama
- International Society for Quality in Health Care (ISQua) Patient Safety Conference – October 20th-23rd in Cape Town, South Africa
- Congreso Federación Latinoamericana de Simulación Clínica y Seguridad del Paciente – October 30th – November 1st in Cancun, Mexico
- Association for Simulated Practice in Healthcare (ASPiH UK) Annual Conference – November 4 – 6 in Belfast, Ireland
- Sim Summit Presented by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada – November 7 – 8 in Winnipeg, Canada
- Turkish Association for Medical Education Simulation Conference – November 13 – 14 in Istanbul, Turkey
- Laerdal Simulation User Network (SUN) Regional Conferences – Various Dates
General Workshop Listings:
- WISER Simulation Center Courses (Administration, Sim Tech Ops, Debriefing, Center Design & More) – Various Dates Throughout the Year
- Moulage Concepts Workshops Around the United States – Various Dates
- Mayo Clinic Instructor Courses (Debriefing Basics, Comprehensive, Development) – Various Dates and Locations
- UK-Based WISER WATFORD Regional Simulation Event – March 12 in Watford, UK
- Northern Ontario Healthcare Simulation Symposium – May 8th in North Bay, Canada
- 2019 OHCWC Simulation Conference – May 21, 2019 at Oklahoma State University in Oklahoma City
- Colloque simulation en santé – May 30 – 31 in Joliette, Canada
- The Debriefing Academy Master Debriefer Course – May 30 to June 2 in Calgary, Canada
- Fundamentals of Debriefing – May 29 – June 5 & July 29 – August 6 in Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Maryland Community & College Simulation Users Network – June 4th – Hosted By Community College of Baltimore County Catonsville Campus
- George Washington University Simulation Workshops – Various Dates in Washington D.C.
- iSIM Debriefing Course from WISER & GCRME – July 29 – 31 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- iSIM Debriefing Course from WISER & GCRME – October 9 – 11 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- RUSH Simulation and Procedural Bootcamp for Emergency Medical Clinicians – October 14 – 16 in Chicago, IL
- Jump Simulation Courses – Various Dates
- Level 3 Healthcare Sim Tech Bootcamp April 14-16th, 2020
- Intentional Simulation Center Management: Tactics for Sustainability Conference
Don’t see your listing or want to be featured? Email us the event title, dates, location, the link and that you would like to be featured!
2018 Healthcare Simulation Conferences (Featured)
Alabama Simulation (AlaSim) International Conference
The annual AlaSim International Conference & Exposition showcases the vibrant, multi-domain, modeling and simulation (M&S) industry in Alabama. The event takes place May 22-23, 2018 at the Holiday Inn Huntsville in Huntsville, Alabama. Abstracts submission will remain open until March 18th. The conference is designed to focus on both the breadth and depth of simulation activity in Alabama and to collect, document, display, and discuss the current state of simulation technology throughout the world.
National Modeling & Simulation Coalition (NM&SC) 2018 Meeting
Sept. 25- 26 at UNMC, Omaha NE
Registration is now open for the National Modeling & Simulation Coalition (NM&SC) 2018 National Meeting, which will be held Sept. 25- 26 at UNMC. Co-hosted by iEXCELSM and the National Strategic Research Institute (NSRI), the focus of the interdisciplinary meeting is on “Improving Human Performance and Effectiveness” and will feature world-class keynote speakers and highlight four engaging panel sessions led by subject matter experts in the fields of simulation and visualization. Keynote speakers are Jeffrey P. Gold, M.D., chancellor, UNO & UNMC; Daniel Serfaty, president/CEO, Aptima, Inc.; and Robert Amyot, M.D., president, CAE Healthcare.
SIM-One Forum on Simulation in Quality June 12th, &
2018 SIM Expo – Nov 13-14 in Calgary, AB
Save the date for SIM-One's 3rd National Forum which will be held on June 12, 2018, in Toronto at the George Brown College Waterfront Campus looking over Lake Ontario. Expect an incredible lineup of speakers and presentations on leading-edge applications of simulation to advance patient safety and quality improvement efforts. Not yet announced is the annual SIM Expo event, which this year will take place in Calgary. Each year, the SIM Expo brings together healthcare leaders in university, college and hospital sectors, comprised of administrators, educators, clinicians, SIM centre managers and directors, and researchers from all health professions across Canada and beyond. The SIM Expo prides in its strong culture of networking, building relationships, and uniting the simulation community. The annual conference allows participants to connect directly with peers, experts and future collaborators in healthcare simulation.
CAE's largest Human Patient Simulation Network conference is back! In 2019 they will be looking for you to join them in the UK and Orlando and share your passion for healthcare education through simulation. No matter your background, no matter your experience, HPSN World never fails to inspire. Choose from over 100 sessions on simulation-based learning and earn CEUs. Enjoy the stimulating keynote presentations and interactive special events. Select from a range of pre-conference training courses. Be the first to experience exciting new methodologies and technologies. Collaborate and connect with a truly global medical simulation community, and more!
SimGHOSTS Hands-on Simulation Technology Conferences
SimGHOSTS / Simulation Australasia / ASSH 4th Hands-on Simulation Technology & Clinical Learning Event
Sunshine Coast, Australia
SimGHOSTS 7th Hands-On Simulation Technology Operations Symposium
Join hundreds of Simulation Champions from around the world at these annual international hands-on training events! The “Gathering of Healthcare Simulation Technology Specialists” which will be operating its eighth year as a US-based non-profit 501(c)3 organization based out of Las Vegas, Nevada. The 2018 SimGHOSTS events will provide a meeting place for you to exchange ideas and network with peers as well as receive specialized training in: Manikin hardware repair and software programming, Audiovisual equipment debugging, IT networking and infrastructures, Moulage makeup, Team communication & leadership techniques, Research methodology, Serious Games, VR and AR and much more.
New Zealand Association of Simulation in Healthcare Conference 2018
Waitemata Simulation Centre, Awhina Health Campus, Waitakere Hospital, West Auckland
Friday 26 & Saturday 27 October 2018
The NZASH 2018 Conference is a great opportunity to share knowledge and build relationships within the simulation community. If you are wanting to learn more about simulation, see what others are doing, share your knowledge and expertise, or just want to see if simulation is right for you, we welcome you to join us for what will be a fantastic program of presentations, discussion and workshops! Their conference theme is ‘Patient First’, reflecting the need and ability of simulation in healthcare to contribute to patient centered care and to place patient safety at the core of everything we do. In 2018 they will also take up the challenge of exploring patient involvement in planning, designing and delivery of training. The format of the program will be held over two days, with concurrent sessions and workshops encouraging the engagement of delegates.
2018 Medical Simulation Conferences (General)
- Dutch Society for Simulation in Healthcare (DSSH) 10th Congress - March 14th in Enschede, The Netherlands
- Simulation in Rural Healthcare Conference - March 20th-22nd in Bozeman, Montana
- Saudi Health Simulation Conference - April 23-25 at Four Seasons, Riyadh Saudi Arabia
- International Pediatric Society for Simulation (IPSS) 10th Symposium - May 14th-16th in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- 4th Boise State University & NLN Biennial Simulation Conference - May 17-19, Boise, Idaho
- International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation & Learning (INACSL) 17th Conference - June 13th-16th, Toronto, Canada
- Association of Standardized Patient Educators Annual Conference - June 17th-20th, Kansas City, Missouri
- Society in Europe for Simulation Applied to Medicine (SESAM) 24th Annual Conference - June 27th-29th, Bilbao, Spain
- Royal College of Physicians of Canada's Simulation Summit - September 28th+29th, Ottawa, Canada
- Association for Simulated Practice in Healthcare 2018 Event - Nov.13th-15th, Southport UK
Also, don't forget to check out healthcare simulation conferences from leading vendors including:
Email us to have your healthcare simulation conference listed.