Healthcare Simulation Conferences & Workshops
Healthcare Simulation conferences are an absolute must for professionals seeking to start or expand their institution’s simulation programs. As there are very few educational pathways for Medical Simulation professionals, participating in simulation in healthcare conferences like SimGHOSTS, IMSH or INACSL are a crucial step in developing or expanding your institution’s program and developing your professional career.
There are plenty of fantastic global conferences coming up in 2019 that provide a range of focused simulation learning, networking, and vendor engagement opportunities, so save the dates for these special events listed below. Previous annual events are summarized in the drop down fields at the bottom of the page.
Don’t See Your Event Listed? Email us to have your healthcare simulation conference listed.
2019 Medical Simulation Conferences & Workshops
Featured Media Partnership Listings:
LiveStream of IMSH 2019 Opening Keynote Address
Dr. Tali Sharot, Professor of Cognitive Neuroscience at University College London
Sunday, January 27, 2019 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM CST (UTC-6)
Details to Follow!
7th Annual World Patient Safety, Science & Technology Summit
January 18 – 19
Huntington Beach, California
The 7th Annual World Patient Safety, Science & Technology Summit will be co-convened by the American Society of Anesthesiologists and the European Society of Anaesthesiology. The 2019 Summit will gather international hospital leaders, medical and information technology companies, the patient advocacy community, public policy makers and government officials, to discuss solutions to the leading challenges that cause preventable patient deaths in hospitals worldwide.
Intentional Simulation Center Management: Tactics for Sustainability Conference
March 27-29, 2019
Center for Advanced Medical Learning and Simulation (CAMLS)
This innovative 3-day conference presented by USF Health, OSF Healthcare System, CAMLS and Jump Simulation will focus on: Enhancing advanced operations; strategic planning and prioritization; funding sources, developing a value demonstration framework and research infrastructure; needs and financial analysis, sharpening effective leadership practices; negotiations; stakeholder engagement and strengthening marketing and communications; internal and external branding; social media.
SimGHOSTS Hands-on Simulation Technology Conferences
SimGHOSTS 9th Annual Hands-On Simulation Technology Operations Symposium
July 30th – August 2nd
Nicole Wertheim College of Nursing and Health Sciences
Simulation Teaching and Research (STAR) Center
Florida International University
SimGHOSTS 2019 “S3” Singapore Event
In collaboration with SESAM and SingHealth
October 22nd – 25th
Additional International Events TBA, See Website for Details!
Human Patient Simulation Network (HPSN) Conferences
World Event Feb. 26-28 (2019) in Orlando, Florida
*Update* This event will be live streamed so stay tuned for details! CAE’s largest Human Patient Simulation Network conference is back! In 2019 they will be looking for you to join them in the UK and Orlando and share your passion for healthcare education through simulation. No matter your background, no matter your experience, HPSN World never fails to inspire. Choose from over 100 sessions on simulation-based learning and earn CEUs. Enjoy the stimulating keynote presentations and interactive special events. Select from a range of pre-conference training courses. Be the first to experience exciting new methodologies and technologies. Collaborate and connect with a truly global medical simulation community, and more!
Laerdal Simulation User Network (SUN) Regional Conference
April 24 – 26
The Simulation User Network conferences offer best practices for simulation training programs across all healthcare disciplines. Choose from tracks on transition to practice, realism, assessment, debriefing and more! SUN Conferences are designed to address your needs with practical and immediate solutions. These events offer a great opportunity for you to join peers and partners in advancing healthcare training.
July 29 – 31 & October 9 – 11 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
By UPMC WISER, UM GCRME, and UH SimTiki
This 3-day internationally renowned program, created in collaborative effort between WISER at the University of Pittsburgh and the Gordon Center for Research in Medical Education at the University of Miami, is designed as an introduction to fundamental skills and abilities for delivering simulation-based healthcare education through a variety of techniques and technologies. The program emphasizes hands-on activities and active participation to maximize simulation-based instruction skill acquisition. Class group sizes are kept small to allow for maximum participation. The primary audience for this course are healthcare educators wishing to improve their skills as instructors in simulation education.
Jump Simulation Courses
Workshops in Debriefing, Patient Safety, and More!
Peoria or Chicago, IL
Jump Simulation was created to improve outcomes and lower health care costs through innovative simulation training of medical professionals. They are part of OSF Innovation, an initiative that was created as a means to embrace change and take on the largest health care challenges. Jump Sim programs and objectives are key to improving the safety, effectiveness and efficiency of care for community members across the region. Courses in 2019 include “Introduction to Debriefing”, “Patient Safety Simulation – Saving Patients from Sepsis”, “Brain Death Simulation”, and more!
Level 3 Healthcare Sim Tech Bootcamp
Take the opportunity to focus on all the technical details of what it takes specifically to operate and manage a simulation center. From the AV installations, to the design and engineering. Ensure that your simulation operations contains a standard base of education and skills with the Level 3 Healthcare Simulation Bootcamp. Our goal is to advance the role of the operation specialist & the techs in leadership, role discovery, and job skill requirements. The 16 hands-on classes will focus on array of skills and information that is uncommon in the typical “educational environment”.
2019 Medical Simulation Conferences
General Conference Listings:
- NLN/University of Central Florida Simulation Conference – March 7 – 8 in Orlando, Florida
- Dutch Society for Simulation in Healthcare (DSSH) Congress – March 13 in Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Virtual Reality and Healthcare Symposium – March 7 – 8 in Tucson, Arizona
- NLN/University of Central Florida Simulation Conference – March 7-8 in Orlando, FL
- Virtual Medicine 2019 at Cedars-Sinai – March 27 – 28 in Los Angeles, California
- Tennessee Simulation Alliance Conference – March 27 – 28 at University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Knoxville, Tennessee
- STARS: Simulation and Training for Resilience and Safety (Multiple Industries) – March 26 – 27 in London, UK
- 7º Congreso Nacional Sociedad Española de Simulación Clínica y Seguridad del Paciente – 4 al 6 de Abril. Campus de Villaviciosa de Odón (Spain)
- IHI Summit of Improving Patient Care – April 11 -13 in San Francisco, CA
- Simulation in Rural Healthcare Conference (SIRH) – April 16 – 18 in Omaha, Nebraska
- NYC Health + Hospitals Simulation Center 3rd Symposium – April 23 in the Bronx, NY
- International Pediatric Society for Simulation (IPSS) Symposium – May 20 – 22 in Toronto, Canada
- National Forum on Simulation for Quality & Safety – May 28 in Vancouver, Canada
- Association of Standardized Patient Educators Annual Conference (ASPE)– June 8 – 11 in Orlando Florida
- Society in Europe for Simulation Applied to Medicine (SESAM) Annual Conference – June 12 – 14 in Glasgow, UK
- International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation & Learning (INACSL) Conference – June 19 – 22 in Phoenix, Arizona
- UK Patient Safety Congress – July 2-3 in Manchester Central, UK
- Simulation Professionals of Texas Connections & Collaborations – August 9th, 10AM-2PM at Texas Christian University in Fort Worth, TX
- Australasian Simulation Congress (Multiple Industries) – September 2 – 5 in Gold Coast, Australia
- SimONE SIM Expo – October 21-22 in Montreal, Canada
- International Society for Quality in Health Care (ISQua) Patient Safety Conference – October 20th-23rd in Cape Town, South Africa
- Congreso Federación Latinoamericana de Simulación Clínica y Seguridad del Paciente – October 30th – November 1st in Cancun, Mexico
- Association for Simulated Practice in Healthcare (ASPiH UK) Annual Conference – November 4 – 6 in Belfast, Ireland
- Sim Summit Presented by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada – November 7 – 8 in Winnipeg, Canada
General Workshop Listings:
- WISER Simulation Center Courses (Administration, Sim Tech Ops, Debriefing, Center Design & More) – Various Dates Throughout the Year
- Moulage Concepts Workshops Around the United States – Various Dates
- Mayo Clinic Instructor Courses (Debriefing Basics, Comprehensive, Development) – Various Dates and Locations
- UK-Based WISER WATFORD Regional Simulation Event – March 12 in Watford, UK
- Northern Ontario Healthcare Simulation Symposium – May 8th in North Bay, Canada
- 2019 OHCWC Simulation Conference – May 21, 2019 at Oklahoma State University in Oklahoma City
- Colloque simulation en santé – May 30 – 31 in Joliette, Canada
- The Debriefing Academy Master Debriefer Course – May 30 to June 2 in Calgary, Canada
- Fundamentals of Debriefing – May 29 – June 5 & July 29 – August 6 in Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Maryland Community & College Simulation Users Network –June 4th – Hosted By Community College of Baltimore County Catonsville Campus
- iSIM Debriefing Course from WISER & GCRME – July 29 – 31 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- iSIM Debriefing Course from WISER & GCRME – October 9 – 11 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Don’t see your listing or want to be featured? Email us the event title, dates, location, the link and that you would like to be featured!
2018 Healthcare Simulation Conferences (Featured)
Alabama Simulation (AlaSim) International Conference
The annual AlaSim International Conference & Exposition showcases the vibrant, multi-domain, modeling and simulation (M&S) industry in Alabama. The event takes place May 22-23, 2018 at the Holiday Inn Huntsville in Huntsville, Alabama. Abstracts submission will remain open until March 18th. The conference is designed to focus on both the breadth and depth of simulation activity in Alabama and to collect, document, display, and discuss the current state of simulation technology throughout the world.
National Modeling & Simulation Coalition (NM&SC) 2018 Meeting
Sept. 25- 26 at UNMC, Omaha NE
Registration is now open for the National Modeling & Simulation Coalition (NM&SC) 2018 National Meeting, which will be held Sept. 25- 26 at UNMC. Co-hosted by iEXCELSM and the National Strategic Research Institute (NSRI), the focus of the interdisciplinary meeting is on “Improving Human Performance and Effectiveness” and will feature world-class keynote speakers and highlight four engaging panel sessions led by subject matter experts in the fields of simulation and visualization. Keynote speakers are Jeffrey P. Gold, M.D., chancellor, UNO & UNMC; Daniel Serfaty, president/CEO, Aptima, Inc.; and Robert Amyot, M.D., president, CAE Healthcare.
SIM-One Forum on Simulation in Quality June 12th, &
2018 SIM Expo – Nov 13-14 in Calgary, AB
Save the date for SIM-One's 3rd National Forum which will be held on June 12, 2018, in Toronto at the George Brown College Waterfront Campus looking over Lake Ontario. Expect an incredible lineup of speakers and presentations on leading-edge applications of simulation to advance patient safety and quality improvement efforts. Not yet announced is the annual SIM Expo event, which this year will take place in Calgary. Each year, the SIM Expo brings together healthcare leaders in university, college and hospital sectors, comprised of administrators, educators, clinicians, SIM centre managers and directors, and researchers from all health professions across Canada and beyond. The SIM Expo prides in its strong culture of networking, building relationships, and uniting the simulation community. The annual conference allows participants to connect directly with peers, experts and future collaborators in healthcare simulation.
CAE's largest Human Patient Simulation Network conference is back! In 2019 they will be looking for you to join them in the UK and Orlando and share your passion for healthcare education through simulation. No matter your background, no matter your experience, HPSN World never fails to inspire. Choose from over 100 sessions on simulation-based learning and earn CEUs. Enjoy the stimulating keynote presentations and interactive special events. Select from a range of pre-conference training courses. Be the first to experience exciting new methodologies and technologies. Collaborate and connect with a truly global medical simulation community, and more!
SimGHOSTS Hands-on Simulation Technology Conferences
SimGHOSTS / Simulation Australasia / ASSH 4th Hands-on Simulation Technology & Clinical Learning Event
Sunshine Coast, Australia
SimGHOSTS 7th Hands-On Simulation Technology Operations Symposium
Join hundreds of Simulation Champions from around the world at these annual international hands-on training events! The “Gathering of Healthcare Simulation Technology Specialists” which will be operating its eighth year as a US-based non-profit 501(c)3 organization based out of Las Vegas, Nevada. The 2018 SimGHOSTS events will provide a meeting place for you to exchange ideas and network with peers as well as receive specialized training in: Manikin hardware repair and software programming, Audiovisual equipment debugging, IT networking and infrastructures, Moulage makeup, Team communication & leadership techniques, Research methodology, Serious Games, VR and AR and much more.
New Zealand Association of Simulation in Healthcare Conference 2018
Waitemata Simulation Centre, Awhina Health Campus, Waitakere Hospital, West Auckland
Friday 26 & Saturday 27 October 2018
The NZASH 2018 Conference is a great opportunity to share knowledge and build relationships within the simulation community. If you are wanting to learn more about simulation, see what others are doing, share your knowledge and expertise, or just want to see if simulation is right for you, we welcome you to join us for what will be a fantastic program of presentations, discussion and workshops! Their conference theme is ‘Patient First’, reflecting the need and ability of simulation in healthcare to contribute to patient centered care and to place patient safety at the core of everything we do. In 2018 they will also take up the challenge of exploring patient involvement in planning, designing and delivery of training. The format of the program will be held over two days, with concurrent sessions and workshops encouraging the engagement of delegates.
2018 Medical Simulation Conferences (General)
- Dutch Society for Simulation in Healthcare (DSSH) 10th Congress - March 14th in Enschede, The Netherlands
- Simulation in Rural Healthcare Conference - March 20th-22nd in Bozeman, Montana
- Saudi Health Simulation Conference - April 23-25 at Four Seasons, Riyadh Saudi Arabia
- International Pediatric Society for Simulation (IPSS) 10th Symposium - May 14th-16th in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- 4th Boise State University & NLN Biennial Simulation Conference - May 17-19, Boise, Idaho
- International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation & Learning (INACSL) 17th Conference - June 13th-16th, Toronto, Canada
- Association of Standardized Patient Educators Annual Conference - June 17th-20th, Kansas City, Missouri
- Society in Europe for Simulation Applied to Medicine (SESAM) 24th Annual Conference - June 27th-29th, Bilbao, Spain
- Royal College of Physicians of Canada's Simulation Summit - September 28th+29th, Ottawa, Canada
- Association for Simulated Practice in Healthcare 2018 Event - Nov.13th-15th, Southport UK
Also, don't forget to check out healthcare simulation conferences from leading vendors including:
Email us to have your healthcare simulation conference listed.