Simulation Operations Specialist at CAE Healthcare
The Simulation Operations Specialist assists with the growth and development of the CAE Healthcare Academy through project management, product education (e.g., consulting and training) initiatives, and product delivery. The Operations Specialist will function as an operations and technical expert within the division to ensure initiatives meet the needs of the organization and the clients. They assist other departments within CAE Healthcare as an internal expert and provides active participation in the overall growth and development of the division. Focus is on delivery of CAE Healthcare training courses, consulting, and staffing agreements.
Additionally, the operations specialist may be tasked with overseeing projects. On occasion, the operations specialist provides in collaboration with the Customer Support Team, technical support both remotely and onsite to ensure that the needs of the customer are met in a timely and satisfactorily fashion.
- Assists instructors/participants in utilization of simulation and simulators. Orients staff, guest facilitators, key educators, and mentors assigned to the simulation center.
- Provides or assists in providing orientation to the participants of the simulation event and the simulators.
- Operate simulators as outlined in the scenario developed.
- Assist organization in promotional tours, development of marketing materials, and grant related activities as requested.
- Assists in the design and development and evaluation of new courses, scenarios, and educational initiatives in collaboration with content experts.
- Participates in product design and development requirements for new and emerging educational products.
- Participates as required in major initiatives.
- Responsible for project management of major initiatives (e.g., program system designs, Technical needs outline, operation workflow and layout) as assigned.
- Participates in establishing and maintaining the educational requirements for all assigned product lines.
- Attends major educational conferences to meet with customers, attend workshops, and can leverage emerging trends in the marketplace as assigned. Collaborates with customers in the development and operational expansion of their programs. Participates as a team member in department work and in team meetings.
- Applies Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint knowledge at an intermediate level of Microsoft application, Windows OS, Mac OS, and iOS. Utilizes a unique presentation tool. Enters data appropriately into Salesforce: entering all courses, classes, resources, program summary, etc.
- Works closely with Customer Support, Academy Coordinator, and Group Leader to ensure technical support is available and a trouble ticket is resolved swiftly when and if identified while conducting a training experience.
- Works collaboratively with Customer Support if onsite and the system requires troubleshooting.
- Demonstrates continuous learning and applies skill and knowledge to facilitate individual department and organizational goals/standards.
- Maintains competency as an AVS and IS systems educator through participation in continuing education and departmental activities.
- Stays current with regulations related to education and Information Technology.
- Researches class materials, department ideas, and organizational/healthcare related topics. Applies research, new concepts/information, and best practices to the program operations and technical needs.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2-years of experience designing and presenting educational activities in a healthcare environment. Operations Specialist may substitute 1 year only which may include direct work as a previous Simulation Operations Specialist or Simulation Technician. Experience indicates increasing acceptance of responsibility.
- Associated Degree in a major field of study.
- CHSE or CHSOS certification required within 2-years of hire is required.
- Driver’s License required.
- Be able to obtain CPR and successfully complete an ACLS & PALS course with the first 6 months of employment.
- Familiarity with a wide variety of simulation platforms.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and application.
- Knowledge of basic human anatomy.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Excellent public speaking skills; organizational skills, communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Ability to interact with various types of Healthcare and Educational professionals.
- Ability to travel as required, 70-85%
- Previous simulation experience preferred.
- Active clinical licensure or certification as an RN, EMT, EMTP, or RT with clinical experience in emergency medicine, disaster medicine, or critical care medicine is strongly preferred.
- Experience in providing onsite or remote clinical education support to a customer.
- Experience with conducting virtual (web-based) education using Zoom or similar platform.
- Previous experience as a simulator operator or technician preferred.
- CHSE or CHSOS certification at hire.
- Complies with and enforces all applicable safety rules, regulations, and procedures both at CAE Healthcare and where ever representing CAE Healthcare (e.g., program site, trade show, etc)
- Performs all duties in complete compliance with all legal and ethical standards
- Maintains security of proprietary information
- Performs other duties as assigned or as judgment and necessity dictates
- Able to push, pull, and move up to 50 pounds (e.g., mannequins)
- Able to sit for long periods of time utilizing computer systems
FLSA: Full-time regular, Exempt
CAE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.