Responsible for planning, management, and operational support of simulation events. Schedules, plans, coordinates and executes simulation event arrangements to meet guest needs including audiovisual needs, environmental service’s needs, and any other guest requirements. Proactively works to resolve all questions, comments, and concerns to provide “red carpet service” to meet and/or exceed the needs of the guests.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, communication, healthcare administration, related field, or a Certified EMT-B or Paramedic required.
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialist (CHSOS) from the Society for Simulation in Healthcare within three years of hire.
- Experience with technology applications required.
- Clinical experience preferred.
- Ability to multitask, complete simulations from start to finish - including planning, execution, and evaluation; as well as achieving key performance indicators.
- Exceptionally strong written, oral, and communication skills in a variety of situations.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments, adjust as needed, and react appropriately under pressure.
- Excellent human relations skills and dedication to a positive attitude and strong customer service support.
- Ability to work in a team environment and effectively manage relationships at all levels in diverse settings.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and problem solving skills, planning and organizing, initiative, conflict management, stress tolerance, and ability to self-direct.
- Demonstrates competency in providing feedback, drawing conclusions, and providing recommendations.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of anatomy, physiology and pharmacology preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to evaluate and measure the quantitative and qualitative impact of simulation to make sound, data-based decisions and show return on investment.
- Demonstrates proficiency with computer skills regarding planning, coordinating, reporting, and presentation tools utilizing Microsoft Office applications.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends, if necessary.
- Coordinates all aspects of event management for simulation events through scheduling, planning, coordinating and execution to meet customer and guests’ needs.
- Deliver “red carpet customer service” that exceeds expectations through building of effective relationships with colleagues, customers, and guests while representing and supporting the MHS’s mission.
- Serves as user and subject matter expert of software system for scheduling and utilization.
- Ensures effective setup, utilization, and tear down of MCLI simulation spaces.
- Ensures appropriate cleaning, needs are captured and provided to the appropriate key internal stakeholder. Prepares and maintains spaces to ensure proper environment ensures all equipment is functioning.
- Coordinates and maintains set up and operations of simulation, related multimedia, and computer equipment. Conducts simulations and serves as an audiovisual recording operator by testing and running scenarios. Ability to program technology and equipment to the specifications needed for scenarios. This may include virtual environments and physiological response settings.
- Maintains operations of all simulation equipment, including computer hardware, task trainers, mannequins and AV systems. Troubleshoots simulators, multimedia and computer equipment. Maintains proficiency in existing and emerging technologies. Maintains simulation center equipment, supplies and facilities.
- Conducts routine equipment maintenance, inventory updates and recommendations for equipment purchases based on usage and identified needs.
- Maintains the simulation center operations, including scheduling and appropriate facility and equipment set up for educational sessions.
- Supports and carries out policies and procedures associated with physical security, emergency response, and operational procedures. Monitors adherence to rules, regulations and procedures. Maintain weekly reporting and participation in scheduling meeting.
- Work collaboratively with AV/IT Support Technicians to ensure effective utilization of technology including digital event signage. Provides back-up audiovisual equipment operation, maintenance and troubleshooting support for the MCLI. Escalates issues to AV/IT Support Specialist as appropriate.
- Assists with ensuring participants locate appropriate destination and have items needed for effective participation, as well as provide assistance with check in at large scale events. Partners with Organization Learning Specialist to utilize inventory control procedures to monitor supply levels and ensure supplies available when needed.
- Maintains current knowledge of simulation equipment and operational manuals. Creates innovative ideas, evaluates new equipment, and identifies opportunities for technology improvement and integration into healthcare education.
- Manages the inventory system for simulation. Maintains equipment, supplies and facilities. Reports operational and facility concerns to appropriate parties.
- Assists with needs assessments, competency assessments and gap analyses as necessary to assist in the identification of development opportunities for learners. Serve as a champion of change management to assist with coordination for large scale organization initiatives.
- Interfaces with the equipment manufacturers regarding equipment troubleshooting and systems problems; Maintains record of equipment repairs. Requisitions supplies and equipment as needed for instruction.
- Provides reports as scheduled and as requested. Completes all data entry to keep usage, community benefit information and other reporting current.
- Serves as a thought partner and committed resource to ensure that MHS is able to develop the capabilities and capacities of our healthcare workforce to meet current and future business demands and promotes a culture of continuous learning and improvement to support the strategies and goals of Memorial Health System.
- Manages large amounts of sensitive, confidential information concerning personnel, financial, strategic, and business information contained in minutes, letters and other documents, as well as through meetings, discussions and interventions. Maintains strict confidentiality concerning all correspondence and job related activities. Develops and maintains productive relationships with System Leadership Team, leaders, and employees, to aid in MHS goal and objective accomplishment.
- Supports the overall mission and strategic direction of Memorial Health System. Ensure the vision, values, strategies and goals are embedded into learning plans and cascaded throughout the organization.
- Participates in community outreach and networking programs to support Memorial’s Center for Learning and Innovation to include conducting tours of the facilities, participating in public relations activities, and performing community service in support of Memorial Health System.
- Serves as resource person on committees, task forces, meetings and activities to assist the hospital and system achieve strategic objectives.
- Develops annual goals consistent with Memorial Health System’s Strategic Plan and Goals, and monitors the status of goal achievement utilizing 30 day action plans.
- Maintains professional affiliations as appropriate. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in education programs, current literature, in-service meetings/ seminars, and workshops.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.