Still Time to Register w/ Special Discount: VR Healthcare Symposium March 2-3 in Nashville
Now in its 4th year, the VR and Healthcare Global Symposium presents a balanced mix of speakers from academia, healthcare organizations and the virtual reality technology industry. This year’s annual event takes place next month at the Vanderbilt University on March 2nd and 3rd in Nashville, TN. With over 60 speakers will present over 2 days in both a plenary and track breakout format, this is the largest conference in the world dedicated to the development of virtual reality in healthcare. And great news, HealthySimulation.com has partnered with the VR Voice team to offer you 30% off your event registration
Supported by the International Virtual Reality Healthcare Association (IVRHA), this year’s keynotes include leading Virtual Reality in Medicine clinician, Dr. Brennan Spiegel from Cedars-Sinai in Los Angeles, as well as Tennessee’s own former U.S. Senate Majority Leader, Dr. William Frist, who is a nationally-acclaimed heart and lung transplant surgeon, former U.S. Senate Majority Leader, and chairman of the Executive Board of the health service private equity firm Cressey & Company.
Attendees will also hear the personal story of Danielle Collins, an early VR applied brain surgery patient, who has built a VR patient focused advocacy group and foundation, and a huge number of other awesome sessions dedicated to VR in medicine:
Other Speakers Include:
- Char Miller, Associate Professor of Graduate Nursing at Ohio University
- Carrie Love, Producer of Game Research and Immersive Design at Ohio University
- Noah Robinson, Founder and CEO of Very Real Help
- Indira Knight, Creative Technology at Royal College of Art UK
- Greg Dorsainville, Senior Multimedia Developer at NYU Langone Medical Center
- Walter Werzowa, Founder of HealthTunes
- Fern Nibauer-Cohe, Director of Patient Engagement at Penn Medicine
- Devika Patel, Director of the The Better Lab at University of California San Francisco
- Richard Vincent, CEO and Co-Founder of FundamentalVR
- Dr. Jonathan Sherman, Director of Surgical Neuro-oncology of George Washington University
- Vinay Narayan, Vice President of HTC Vive
- Jennifer Esposito, Vice President of Magic Leap
- Dr. Walter Greenleaf, Behavioral Neuroscientist from Stanford University
- And many more!
Agenda Sessions Include:
- Virtual Reality and Healthcare: The Past, The Present, and the Future
- Putting The Patient and Doctor Relationship First in Virtual Reality and Healthcare
- Case Study: Patient Engagement with VR at the University of Pennsylvania Cancer Center
- Flight Simulator for Surgery – We Have Life Off!!!
- Case Study: How Mount Sinai and Health Scholars Partnered to Address ACLS Skills Decay Using VR Refresher Training
- Using VR to Teach Social and Life Skills for People with Autism
- Magic Leap: Augmented Reality and Healthcare
- Using VR Cinema to Fight the Opioid Crisis in Ohio: Narcan Training
- Diabetes and Poverty: Social Determinates of Health via Immersive Storytelling
- Using VR Cinema to Create Empathy for Patients with Parkinson’s Disease
- Town Hall Discussion: VR, Healthcare and Investment
- An Overview of the play4REAL Lab at the Yale Center for Health & Learning Games
- Empathy Training and Team Building with VR Cinema
- Augmented Reality for Ultrasound-Guided Surgical Interventions
- Validation in VR and Healthcare: Where Are We? And Where Do We Need to Go?
- Town Hall: Regulatory and Reimbursements in VR and Healthcare
- The Case for Wearables in XR Data Visualization for the Health Industry
- And Many More….
About the IVRHA
The International Virtual Reality and Healthcare Association, or IVRHA, is a member driven organization comprised of entities throughout the healthcare ecosystem, including technology companies, teaching hospitals and universities, as well as healthcare providers and insurance companies. IVRHA’s mission is to facilitate and support the growth of the virtual reality and healthcare industry as this new computing platform impacts healthcare practitioners and patients
HealthySimulation.com readers can receive a 30% discount off registration by using the promo code: “healthysim” during checkout, and *update* can also get a second registration free with discount code “healthysim50“!
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.