Register for the International Meeting for Simulation in Healthcare 2018 by Nov. 2nd and Save!
Don’t forget — if you register by Nov. 2nd you can save big on IMSH 2018 in Los Angeles taking place January 13-17. The International Meeting on Simulation in Healthcare (IMSH) is a scientific conference that explores the latest innovations and best practices in healthcare simulation. IMSH provides healthcare education professionals with the tools and resources they need to advance their skills and, ultimately, to improve patient safety.
IMSH 2018 Plenary Speakers
1/14: Keynote: Best known as host and Executive Producer of Discovery Channel’s long running science and engineering series “Mythbusters”, Jamie Hyneman has an unusually diverse background, ranging from his education in Russian linguistics, to survival expert, to charter boat captain, diver, film effects specialist, engineer and inventor.
1/15: Lou Oberndorf Lecture in Innovation on Healthcare Simulation Wes Moore is CEO at Robin Hood, bestselling author, Rhodes Scholar, social entrepreneur and host of “Beyond Belief” on the Oprah Winfrey Network. An Army combat veteran, Wes served on Robin Hood’s Veterans Advisory Board, which brought together leaders from the military, non-profit organizations and local, state and federal government to connect veterans and their families living in poverty to housing, job training, education, counseling and health services.ext Link
1/16: Michael S. Gordon Lecture on Medical Education Adam Steltzner, Team Leader & Chief Engineer EDL, NASA Mars Rover Curiosity & author. With a rock star’s presence, a storyteller’s gift and a PhD in engineering physics, award-winning rocket scientist Adam Steltzner is recognized as one of NASA’s most brilliant engineers and most unique individuals.
Expo Hall : The International Meeting on Simulation in Healthcare (IMSH) is the world’s largest conference dedicated to healthcare simulation learning, research and scholarship, offering 250 sessions in various formats, from large plenary sessions to small, interactive immersive courses. It is also considered to be the educational and networking event for the simulation world.
The largest healthcare simulation conference of the year, IMSH 2018, taking place at the Los Angeles Convention Center, January 13-17, offers you a unique opportunity to:
- Connect “face-to-face” with more than 3,400 healthcare simulation professionals
- Learn and experience the innovative ways healthcare simulation is being used to improve patient care and safety
- Gain insight into trends and influence the national discussion and evolution of healthcare simulation
- Hear first-hand stories about how healthcare simulation impacts your colleagues, and patients, every day
At IMSH 2018, you will discover:
- Immersive courses both onsite and at regional simulation centers
- Preconference courses that dive into the latest issues impacting simulation
- Peer-tested ideas at your choice of 250+ education sessions, ranging from hands-on workshops to podium presentations
- Simulation-specific products and services in the IMSH Exhibit Hall
- Common-sense solutions to everyday challenges at the 4th Annual Spectrum of Ideas Showcase
- The latest tools and resources for online learning in simulation the 8th Annual Serious Games & Virtual Environments Arcade & Showcase 2
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.