Still Time to Register for August 4th-7th SimGHOSTS USA 2015 at Cedars-Sinai in Los Angeles
Sim Champs! There are only a handful of passes left for this innovative Simulation event!
The 5th annual SimGHOSTS USA 2015 event taking place August 4th-7th at Cedars-Sinai Women’s Guild Simulation Center is only a few weeks away — but there is still time to register for the event. At a cost that is as much as HALF that of other non-profit simulation events, this is the place to receive hands-on simulation technology operations training from leading vendors and community members.
What are the SimGHOSTS Event Objectives?
- Meet with other Simulation Technicians and share best practices
- Network and build long term industry relationships with peers and vendors
- Receive specialized training in:
- High-fidelity manikin hardware & software operation, maintenance and repair
- Audiovisual production techniques and debugging
- Learning Management System troubleshooting
- IT networking
- Team leadership and communication techniques
- Manikin moulage and makeup
- Basic medical terminology, physiology, pharmacology and the latest in healthcare education practices.
- Much more….
- Discuss and develop professional community needs and standards.
Sponsored Keynote & Plenary Sessions:
- Level 3 Healthcare Keynote Address by Dr. Alistair Phillips, MD, FACC, FACS Co-Director, Congenital Heart Program Chief, Division of Congenital Heart Surgery.
- Level 3 Healthcare Sponsored Opening Reception Dinner & Show “Terminator Too” comedy play.
- Laerdal Medical Sponsored Plenary Session by Suzie Kardong-Edgren, Ph.D., Editor-in-Chief for the journal Clinical Simulation in Nursing & SimGHOSTS Executive Director James Cypert on a new Sim Tech Standard of Best Practice.
- Gaumard Scientific “Bug Busters” Simulation Technology Specialist Troubleshooting Competition
Take part in 3 days of unique sessions with beginner, intermediate, and advanced courses in all aspects of simulation technology operations with the world’s leading Sim Tech organization.
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.