Top Clinical Simulation Product Demo Webinars
Considering a new clinical simulation product, software, or resource? HealthySimulation.com presents a number of product demonstration presentations to help fulfill the “LEARN” platform mission to provide informative and relevant healthcare simulation webinars each month. Product demo webinars include presentations from leadership at several prominent healthcare simulation companies, such as UbiSim, Avkin, Oxford Medical Simulation, Operative Experience, Echo Healthcare, VR Patients, and Sentinel U. Engaging in these healthcare simulation webinars will help learners gain insight into the many benefits and features of each company’s clinical simulation products.
Presented by Maria D’Errico DNP, APRN, FNP-BC, CHSE, this 30-minute intermediate webinar discusses how the operations specialist and educator can collaborate in designing immersive VR simulations. The workshop also discusses how the operations specialist and educator can collaborate in designing immersive VR simulations. Using the innovative UbiSim Editor, participants learn the process of designing an engaging experience for the immersive virtual environment. Learning objectives include:
- Identify the benefits of utilizing immersive VR simulation.
- Discuss how operations specialists and educators can collaborate when designing virtual simulations.
- Analyze the process of designing a simulation scenario for the immersive VR environment.
Presented by Adam Cowperthwait and Megan Weldon, this webinar demonstrates hybrid wearable clinical simulators from Avkin, including the Avwound for wound care training and Avthor, for realistic chest tube training. Avkin makes wearable simulators and provides educational services for an array of healthcare simulation settings. Founded in 2015 by Cowperthwait, a simulationist herself, Avkin provides a clinical simulation solution that combines the best of high-fidelity simulation and the realism of simulated patients for the most authentic medical simulation experience possible. Learning objectives include:
- Understand the potential for wearable simulators to improve clinical learning/training outcomes through hybrid simulation.
- Review the various ways Avthor hybrid wearable simulators can be used to train for chest tube insertion and care.
- Review the various ways Avwound hybrid wearable simulators can be used to train for wound care.
Presented by Suzanne Torroni, BS, this webinar will teach participants how to take their labor and delivery OB simulation training to the next level with an ultra-realistic and lifelike birthing simulator, RealMom and CTGi. RealMom is the world’s most lifelike birthing simulator with ultra-realistic soft tissue and skin, an all-natural, active birth canal, real-time dilation and fetal station, and fully integrated maternal and fetal physiology. In this one-hour webinar, learners will discover RealMom’s full capabilities and educational value, learn how to apply Realmom to training for normal and difficult deliveries and how to recognize and train for fetal distress with RealMom’s iSimulate CTGi patient monitoring software. Learning objectives include:
- Understand RealMom’s capabilities and educational value.
- Apply RealMom to training for normal and difficult delivery scenarios.
- Recognize fetal difficulties with RealMom and iSimulate CTGi monitoring software.
Presented by: Kevin King, CCP(f), MBA, this presentation challenges conventional assumptions of fidelity in clinical simulation, and presents a holistic approach to the new definition of fidelity realism. If the dictionary definition of fidelity is that which is defined as “real,” how can we replicate not just technology (manikins, AV systems, VR) but the entire simulated experience including technology, environment, and aligned learning objectives? Showcases the technologies available from Echo Healthcare. Learning objectives include:
- Learn to apply appropriate objectives to the level of training.
- Broaden understanding of current technology and application to specific learning environments.
- Review the levels of fidelity available in medical simulation.
Presented by Tom Cox, EMT-P, this webinar demonstrates how EMS leaders can easily create clinical case scenarios to reinforce new skills or recreate a rare occurrence and objectively assess a user’s performance. Cox also addresses how immersive technologies are helping agencies get around budget shortfalls and available funding options you may not know about. Learning objectives include:
- Understand the practical application of virtual simulation tools for training and skills assessment.
- Evaluate how virtual and online simulation tools can be incorporated into current training models from knowledge retention and budget standpoint.
- Learn how to create and deploy your own customized clinical case scenario.
Presented by Molly Schleicher, MSN, RN, CHSE, this webinar walks you through the current evidence and presents virtual simulation practice examples utilizing Oxford Medical Simulation to help meet your learners’ needs. Schleicher draws from documents such as the INACSL and SSH Joint Position Statement on Use of Virtual Simulation during the Pandemic, the INACSL Best Standards of Simulation, a variety of academic papers, and more. Learning objectives include:
- Review the current evidence and resources related to virtual clinical simulation.
- Discuss virtual simulation practice and implementation.
- Consider multiple pre-briefing, in-scenario, debriefing, and post-activity approaches to virtual simulation.
Presented by Dr. Laura Gonzalez, PhD, APRN, CNE, CHSE-A, ANEF, FAAN, this one hour, intermediate webinar will focus on emerging ideas on the use of virtual simulations to enhance nursing curricula and learning outcomes and demonstrates virtual simulation through the use of Sentinel U. Learning objectives include:
- Provide an overview of virtual simulation.
- Describe Virtual Simulation in the clinical curriculum (replacement, entry to HFS or clinical, end of semester, exam prep).
- List advantages of Virtual Simulation.
More About HealthySimulation.com Webinars
HealthySimulation.com’s streamlined clinical simulation webinar platform relaunched in February, and has since featured even more informative and insightful healthcare simulation presentations! These webinars offer live and on-demand content from some of the world’s leading healthcare simulation experts, covering everything necessary to successfully start, develop or expand a clinical simulation program. Topics range from safe medication administration to moulage and manikin functions. Below are HealthySimulation.com’s five most popular webinar presentations to date — all recorded and viewable from anywhere at any time.
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He and his wife Abigail Baily, PhD live in Las Vegas, Nevada with two amazing daughters and two crazy dachshunds.