Summer "Best of" Re-Cap for Educators
Hey Sim Champs,
Here is a recap of all the best articles from this summer for those of you who were out of the office:
- HealthySimAdmin.com launched, which is a broadcasted event to find administrative solutions for the “how-to” of medical simulation, that takes place Oct. 18th & 19th at the University of Nevada Las Vegas. Join the studio audience or ask questions while streaming live from your office desktop!
- The Top 5 Questions I Am Asked about Managing a Medical Simulation Lab – Answers to the questions most of us are asking about administrating a simulation lab.
- The Top 5 Question I Should Be Asked about Managing a Medical Simulation Lab. Both of these articles have some really great tips for running your simulation program so be sure to check them out!
- World’s Largest Sim Tech Specific Gathering is a hit! – The Gathering of Healthcare Simulation Technology Specialists was a big hit, with over 155 Sim Techs joining together to train for three days at the Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas!
- More free nursing simulation scenarios from the Kansas State Board of Nursing. This expands upon my previous article highlighting some other resources for free medical simulation scenarios.
- University of Utah to Host FREE Medical Simulation Performance Analysis Workshop – Studiocode is sponsoring this free workshop on video analysis on September 14th.
- TOM Man – Tactical Operations Medical Manikin Review (with video): I spent a day with TOM Man out in the 106 degree heat of the Las Vegas desert to learn about this affordable yet powerfully rugged military / trauma-based manikin. If you are running trauma scenarios in austere environments this is a must-watch exclusive video!
- WISER Video Explains Benefits to Scheduling Simulation – Watch this video if you have trouble scheduling your simulation equipment or rooms!
- Suzan Kardong-Edgren from INACSL.Org’s list-serv recently shared about the Educational Technology Journal, a free resource which sometimes covers simulation technology.
- Free bruise moulage recipe from care of Bobbie Merica, Moulageconcepts.com & EMS-World! Also be sure to check out my review of Bobbie’s amazing recipe book “Medical Moulage”.
- Sim Tech Extends Demo Dose Box Life – Learn how to build a lamented Demo Dose box from Pocket Nurse to increase sim lab efficiency and save on budgets!
- NYIT launched the Medical Simulation Masters program – The first masters program we are aware of for medical simulation by the New York Institute of Technology.
- University of Glamorgan Shares Online ECG Simulator – Check out this free educational online training EKG simulator.
- The Profession of Nursing helps Sim Techs learn more about the history and modern educational process of nursing.
- myMETI is an excellent source of medical simulation based resources. Check out this new dedicated space developed to help share simulation resources. Even if you are not a CAE Healthcare (METI) customer, you should still explore myMETI for these great simulation tools!
- Top Ten Reasons to Join HealthySimAdmin Online from your office desktop, which is now sponsored by Pocket Nurse!
- Harvard’s Center for Medical Simulation created a great introductory video for healthcare simulation. – Got a friend who is new to simulation equipment? Watch this great intro video to learn more.
Lastly, I have done an extensive review of voice-changing options for your medical simulation labs. Read this article to learn about my software and hardware recommendations to help dramatically increase realism in your scenarios through voice-modification!
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and current Chairman of the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.