Simulation Technology Training Meeting “SimGHOSTS” Launches Registration for Dubai Nov. 23rd-25th Event!
Registration Now Open for Dubai SimGHOSTS Event!
Location: Mohammed Bin Rashid Academic Medical Center
Pre-Conference: Monday November 23rd, 2015
Main Conference: Tuesday November 24th & Wednesday November 25th, 2015
World Famous Simulation Technology Training Event Comes to Dubai
Join an estimated attendance of 100 other Simulation Technicians from around the world this November 23th – 25th for the global healthcare simulation industry’s “Gathering of Healthcare Simulation Technology Specialists” hands-on training event. Answering an overwhelming call by the international community for continued simulation technician specific events, the SimGHOSTS non-profit 501(c)3 organization are thrilled to invite simulation technicians from around the world to join one another in Dubai, UAE.
The 2015 “SimGHOSTS” event will provide a meeting place for you to exchange ideas and network with technical peers as well as receive specialized training in manikin hardware repair & software programming, audiovisual equipment debugging, IT infrastructures, moulage makeup, team communication & leadership techniques, medical physiology and much more. As well, meet with simulation-based vendors to engage with the latest in healthcare education technology.
The event was made primarily possible by the support of Simulead.
A unique business model in the HealthCare Education field, Simulead offers a wide range of solutions for end users and manufacturers of simulation technologies:
- Healthcare Education Simulation solutions: Design, equipment and operation. Advanced manufacturer “Train the trainer programs” in our Dubai based regional training center.
- Highly equipped “Mock-Up” High Fidelity Simulation Lab which showcases our partners’ products and allows end users to Demo before purchasing.
- A Free Zone Stock & Spare Parts storage facility, with a Maintenance & Repair Duty Free workshop. A strong alliance with our well-chosen manufacturers ensures that Simulead One-Stop-Shop provides the most advanced and qualitative products to its clientele.
- Our turnkey solution services ensures that all your ambitions in the HealthCare Education Simulation are brought to reality from Infrastructure to operation.
Situated in the highly dynamic Jumeirah Lake Towers area in Dubai, our head office operates in a Free Zone Facility and caters for the Middle East and Africa Region, with expansion plans to other areas around the globe.z
About the Host Mohammed Bin Rashid Academic Medical Center
Mohammed Bin Rashid Academic Medical Center, Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC) Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC) was launched in 2002 by the UAE Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, to meet the demand for high quality, patient-centered healthcare. Today, DHCC is home to over 3700 licensed professionals occupying 4.1 million square feet in the heart of Dubai. DHCC combines the leading expertise of medical institutions and pre-eminent healthcare providers to deliver the A-Z of medical services.
Mohammed Bin Rashid Academic Medical Center (MBR-AMC) is the education and research arm of DHCC and aim to establish an integrated academic and advance the healthcare industry in the Middle East.
Khalaf Ahmad Al Habtoor Medical Simulation Center (KHMSC) is the leading center for medical simulation in the UAE and an institution of the Mohammed Bin Rashid Academic Medical Center, located in Dubai Healthcare City.
Who Should Attend SimGHOSTS-ASPiH 2015?
Healthcare Simulation Technology Specialists (“Sim Techs”) or those permanently responsible for the technical operation and maintenance of a low to high-fidelity healthcare simulation facility.
Although the event is open to everyone, SimGHOSTS is designed for technology specialists or those responsible for the physical day-to-day operations and maintenance of simulation equipment and labs.
The SimGHOSTS event is hands-on training for healthcare simulation technicians (or sim lab operators) needing to successfully operate a medical simulation lab. Other events (like ASPiH November 2015) are better suited for those responsible for clinically educating learners through simulation.
What are the SimGHOSTS Sim Meeting Objectives?
- Meet with other Simulation Technology Specialists and share best practices
- Network and build long term industry relationships with peers and vendors
- Receive specialized training in:
- High-fidelity manikin hardware & software operation, maintenance and repair
- Audiovisual production techniques and debugging
- Learning Management System troubleshooting
- IT networking
- Team leadership and communication techniques
- Manikin moulage and makeup
- Basic medical terminology, physiology, pharmacology and the latest in healthcare education practices.
- Much more….
- Discuss and develop professional community needs and standards.
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.