How to Start or Expand a Healthcare Simulation Program – HealthySimAdmin Videos Available for Free
Over the past month HealthySim has been focusing on the skillsets, considerations, tactics and strategies to start or expand your healthcare simulation programs. Recent articles have included:
- The Language of Sales – How to Increase Your Simulation Budget
- 3 Key Resources to Expand Your Simulation Program
- 7 Steps to Achieving Record Growth For Your Healthcare Simulation Program
To continue this discussion HealthySimulation.com has decided, for the first time, to make publicly available the 8 recorded sessions from HealthySimAdmin — an event specifically focusing on the administration of Healthcare Simulation programs. These sessions bring together champions from a multitude of simulation program shapes and sizes, from small community colleges to massive military training bases, to present and discuss the key areas identified by the community necessary to successfully build or expand a medical simulation program. The original event was hosted by UNLV’s School of Nursing, and was sponsored by Laerdal, B-Line Medical, and Pocket Nurse, and has been watched by more than 500 simulation programs around the world since it debuted.
Reasons to Watch HealthySimAdmin:
- Expand your knowledge by learning from a diverse group of sim adminsThe HealthySimAdmin panel of experts is comprised of successful simulation program administrators from a variety of settings including: community, state and university nursing schools, medical schools, EMS programs, hospitals, IT departments, and the military. Additional panel members will include leading industry consultants who have designed and managed sim labs around the globe. HealthySimAdmin will not only share “proven-to-work” techniques from others in your field but also provide an expanded perspective from others that utilize medical simulation within healthcare.
- Learn from your new professional community
Currently there are no professional degrees in medical simulation program management. Simulation program administrators have varied experience which may include successful or maybe, not so successful, strategies for managing a simulation center/lab. For example, a sim lab program manager with an IT background will have little trouble integrating their center’s network technology, but may find clinical educator training and buy-in much more challenging. In that sense, our growing international community is the best resource we have for learning and sharing the best practices in each of the numerous facets necessary to operate a simulation lab. HealthySimAdmin’s mission is to create a global and shared community online space where healthcare simulation program administrators can find and share information unique to medical simulation management.
- Participate from anywhere in the world
What happened in Vegas did not stay in Vegas with HealthySimAdmin! With any high-speed internet connection you will be able to watch HealthySimAdmin wherever you are. Join an international audience of healthcare simulation managers who have already watched HealthySimAdmin and gain global insight into the operations and development of a successful medical simulation program.
- Maximize your time with medical simulation admin specific content
While the methodology of simulation in healthcare continues to expand exponentially across the globe, the discussions regarding the operations and management of this technology are relatively new. And while other medical simulation-based meetings do exist, they primarily serve our community’s clinical educators. Thus, resources and guidance for program administrators remains limited. To address this challenge, HealthySimAdmin held an event specifically designed to meet the needs of healthcare simulation program administrators. Catch up to the hundreds of other administrators who have already watched HealthySimAdmin and maximize your time and resources by engaging with content that is as unique as your profession.
Each of the following videos starts with a 40 minute presentation by the associated key speaker which is then followed by 60 minutes of discussion and Q&A session by the entire expert panel:
- Session A: “Collaborative Simulation Program Development” – Carolyn Yucha, RN, PhD, FAAN (Total Run Time: 1H:38M)
- Session B: “Funding Sources & Models” – Carolyn Yucha, RN, PhD, FAAN & COL (Ret) John McManus, MD, MCR (Total Run Time: 1H:45M)
- Session C: “Clinical Educator Training & Buy-in” – Jane Kleinman RN, MAOM (Total Run Time: 1H:55M)
- Session D: “Research Development” – Amar Pravin Patel, MS, NREMT-P, CFC (Total Run Time: 1H:36M)
- Session E: “Daily Operations” – Henry Henao MSN, ARNP, FNP-BC, EMT (Total Run Time: 1H:58M)
- Session F: “IT Structures & Issues” – James Cypert BAP, BAIT, MCSE, MCT, MCP (Total Run Time: 1H:50M)
- Session G: “Increasing Utilization” – Allen J. Giannakopoulos, Ph.D. (Total Run Time: 1H:50M)
- Session H: “Business Development & Revenue Generation” – Lance Baily, HealthySimAdmin Organizer, (Total Run Time: 1H:56M)
Originally valued at $450, you can now stay tuned each week to HealthySimulation.com for a new HealthySimAdmin video to be shared and posted for free!
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.