INACSL Offers Simulation Fellowship with Support from CAE Healthcare
Furthering the professional development support of simulation champions around the world, the International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning (INACSL) organization has partnered with CAE Healthcare to develop a powerful Fellowship training program!
About the Simulation Fellowship Program
This course has been co-developed by INACSL and CAE Healthcare Academy and offers global participants the opportunity to design, facilitate and debrief a Simulated Clinical Experience (SCE) using the INACSL Standards of Best Practice: Simulation for use in all areas of healthcare education.
The Fellowships are designed for new simulation educators, existing simulation educators who need additional support, and directors overseeing a simulation center. The course is experiential and interactive in nature and utilizes seminars, discussion groups, plenary sessions and “hands on” activities to deliver course content. Each Fellowship is a three-part program consisting of webinars, workshops and mentoring. Cohort will consist of no more than 30 participants and three facilitators. Facilitators are simulation experts with five or more years of experience creating and delivering effective simulation education globally.
Each Fellowship is limited to 30 participants and consists of the following elements. Registrations possible for IMSH and INACSL 2017 events covering the below:
- Length of Course: 8 Months
- Credits: 26 CEUs
- Price: $2000 ($250 non-refundable)
- Focus on the History of Simulation
- Introduction to the INACSL Standards of Best Practice: Simulation
- Overview of the Fellowship
Introductory Live Webinar
- Cohort Welcome and Introduction/Experiences
- Expectations for Fellowship
- Overview of First Workshop Details
Educational Revolution: Two-Day Workshop
- Introduction to Educational Psychology
- Implementing the INACSL Standards of Best Practice: Simulation
- Educational design of simulation activities
- Creation of your own educational strategy using any form of simulation pedagogy (e.g., Mannequins, SPs etc.)
- Introduction to communication strategies
- Overview of facilitation, debriefing and evaluation
Immersive Faculty Development
- Pre-brief, facilitation and debrief strategies
- Evaluation tools
- Role-play facilitation and debriefing of your own simulation activity
- Peer review and feedback
- Facilitation and debriefing in challenging situations
- Professional chat room
- Case Studies
- Journal article review
- Teaching strategies
- Research methodologies
- Peer review of facilitation/debriefing
- Reflective Journaling
Participants are invited to a special fellowship reception to be held during the annual HPSN World and INACSL conferences.
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and current Chairman of the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.