American Academy on Communication in Healthcare ENRICH Conference June 18-21
Laura Cooley, PhD Director of Education at the American Academy on Communication in Healthcare wrote us to share about the upcoming AACH Enrich Conference which sounds very empowering for healthcare simulation educators looking to improve communication:
“Hello HealthySim – I would like to invite your readers to attend the AACH ENRICH Course “Meeting at the Crossroads of Communication and Professionalism”, June 18-21, 2015. ENRICH is a 4-day intensive and interactive course for clinicians and educators from a variety of healthcare perspectives.
Workshop topics include:
- Relationship-centered Communication
- Interprofessional Teams
- Coaching and Remediation
- Professionalism and Cultural Humility and
- Promoting Professional Development in Healthcare Education
Keynote presentations include:
- How Does Healthcare Reimbursement & Structure Affect Professionalism and Healthcare Communication?
- Overview of Professionalism and Healthcare Communication
- Compassion and Resilience.
ENRICH uses a learner-centered model and features educational activities designed to enhance knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to practice and teach relationship-centered communication.”