How To Start a Career as a Medical Simulation Technician
Want to get a job as a Sim Tech to operate Healthcare Simulation Technology? Do you have a background in IT, technology, AV, healthcare, theater or education and want to change careers? Are you interested in using your technical experiences to help train healthcare professionals?
Check out this 1 hour webinar provided by Lance Baily, founder of HealthySimulation.com about how to start a career as a Sim Tech!
- Video Introduction to a Medical Simulation Lab: What is a Healthcare Simulation Lab? Watch this LA Harbor College Nursing Simulation Lab Promotional video I produced many years ago to get a better understanding about medical simulation.
- HealthySimulation.com – This website provides free resources to those interested in medical simulation. There is also a free healthcare simulation email newsletter which provides all the best of HealthySim once a month! Key articles:
- The Gathering of Healthcare Simulation Technology Specialists (SimGHOSTS.Org) – An annual vendor-sponsored hands-on training event specifically dedicated to Healthcare Simulation Technology Specialists (Sim Techs). Paid subscription also provides recorded presentations from previous meetings, file databases, webinars and international discussion groups. Key Documents:
- 2012 Free keynote address covering Aviation Simulation Technicians
- 2013 Free keynote address covering Healthcare Provider / Technician Communication
- 2012 Event Attendee Survey Data (Covering Salaries, Backgrounds, etc.)
- 2013 Event Attendee Survey Data Part I (Covering Salaries, Backgrounds, etc.)
- 2013 Event Attendee Survey Data Part II (Covering Salaries, Backgrounds, etc.)
- Vendor Meetings:
- Ongoing Regional Laerdal SUN Meetings – Very affordable meeting which will introduce you to the many aspects of medical simulation.
- Ongoing Regional & National CAE Healthcare HPSN Meetings – Free event which will also introduce you to the many aspects of healthcare simulation.
- Medical Simulation Job Listings Page (Care of HealthySimulation.com)