OEI Announces RealMom Birthing Simulator Will Debut at INACSL, Creating Paradigm Shift in Labor and Delivery Training
In anticipation of record attendance at this years International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation & Learning Operative Experience (INACSL) in Washington D.C., Operative Experience Inc. (OEI), a leading developer of high-fidelity human patient simulators, announced the launch of RealMom, a “breakthrough, full-body childbirth simulator designed to revolutionize the way clinicians and practitioners develop proficiency in labor and delivery procedures.”
Representatives suggested that RealMom leapfrogs today’s hard-plastic birthing manikins, by providing the most natural and realistic childbirth simulator ever created, featuring incredibly lifelike soft tissue, accurate internal anatomy and an active birth canal with human-like dilation and effacement. RealMom provides learners with a high-adrenaline, “true-to-life” delivery room experience and a full spectrum of clinical scenarios from normal fetal delivery to more complicated procedures, such as breech, shoulder dystocia, nuchal cord, cord prolapse, and assisted delivery with forceps and vacuum devices.
- Lifelike Mother and Baby: Full-body female simulator and full-term baby with unsurpassed realism and lifelike appearance. Features realistic, soft tissue and accurate internal anatomy.Available in Caucasian and African American skin tones.
- Natural Delivery: First-in-the-world, natural delivery with active, soft tissue birth canal. Provides human-like dilation and effacement with massageable fundus and amniotic reservoir. Includes a fully-realistic uterus, placenta and umbilical cord.
- Fully Operable: Provides normal delivery, breech, shoulder dystocia, nuchal cord, cord prolapse, transverse and placenta previa, compound delivery, and assisted delivery with forceps or vacuum devices.
- Postpartum Hemorrhage: Realistic postpartum hemorrhage control with appropriate flow control and the ability to effectively stop hemorrhage with a Bakri or Ebb balloon.
- Tablet Control: Instructor control of dilation and delivery progression. Physiological presentation and control of maternal and fetal heart rate, fetal heart tones and contractions, pulses, blood pressure and SPO2. Supports iOS, Android and computer browsers.
- Simple and Affordable: More affordable than other competitive birthing simulators and with no complicated programming or set-ups there’s no simulator downtime.
“RealMom is simply the most exciting development in labor and delivery training to date,” said Jane O’Reilly, Global VP of Sales for OEI. “RealMom looks real and feels real and provides learners with the most realistic and lifelike simulated birthing experience out there. It’s really one of a kind.”
RealMom can be operated wirelessly using an iOS or Android tablet device and provides precise control of dilation and delivery progression as well as heart rate and tones, contractions, pulses, blood pressure and SPO2 levels. As well as being incredibly realistic and lifelike, RealMom is exceptionally reliable with no complicated set-up or programming required of instructors and subsequently no simulator downtime.
“Operative Experience is already recognized for its groundbreaking line of soft tissue, open surgery simulators for emergency obstetric procedures,” said Mick Navin, President and CEO of OEI. “RealMom is a natural extension of this technology and provides learners and educators with the first ever complete and fully-integrated solution for labor and delivery skills training. We deliver the entire continuum of care, from vaginal delivery through an active birth canal to emergency skin-to-skin C-section, postpartum hemorrhage control enabling practice including uterine artery repair, compression sutures and the Bakri balloon, and c-hyst when hemorrhage cannot be contained.”
OEI will introduce RealMom this week at the annual INACSL conference so be sure to stop by their booth to see this innovative new product!
About Operative Experience, Inc.
Operative Experience, Inc. is on a mission to revolutionize surgical and pre-hospital training. Using medical simulators with unprecedented anatomical and surgical fidelity within a rigorous experiential instructional paradigm, OEI reduces training costs while increasing training effectiveness and retention. OEI is dedicated to applying this technology to reduce combat and civilian surgical mortality and to provide humanitarian support to developing countries with limited medical resources.
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and current Chairman of the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.