Iqarus Provides Fully Immersive Live Action Combat Medicine Training Center in UK
Imagine walking into a building in UK and instantly being transported to a combat zone in Iraq. Well, with Iqarus training center that is now possible as they just opened a fully immersive environment with live actors in Hereford, UK. It’s like a real life haunted house!
A new training centre which can replicate a medical emergency in a Middle Eastern street has been opened in Hereford, in collaboration with the film studios which are responsible for the James Bond franchise. The Immersive Training Centre has been opened at Rotherwas and combines replicated street scenes, professional actors, sound, weather and other special effects to allow front-line medical professionals to be put through their paces in high-risk, high-pressure situations.
Iqarus, a global provider of intelligent health solutions in remote and difficult operating environments, has designed the centre with Pinewood Studios, which is home to the Bond films. The 8,000 sq.ft of dynamic simulation space can be used to create bespoke training environments, with any scenario, anywhere in the world. Facilities include:
- Desert, jungle and arctic training rooms with simulated weather conditions and sound effects
- A street scene with collapsed, two-story building, with explosive special effects, dust and smoke
- A changeable street scene which transports users from Europe to the Middle East, and beyond
- A burnt-out building with collapsed upstairs and flooding area
- Realistic home structure with false wall, escape hatch and tunnel
- Area for road traffic collision simulation
- Stereo surround speakers with four sound zones
- State-of-the-art cameras and a two-way communications system allowing trainees to work independently, without the support or intrusion of an instructor
- Professional actors and accurate and realistic prosthetics
- Overhead drones and HD CCTV throughout.