Catch Up: Summer's Most Read Medical Simulation Articles
Were you out of the office this summer or looking to recap the our most read medical simulation articles? Check out these highly shared posts:
- Great Interview Questions When Hiring a Sim Tech – Are you hiring a Simulation Technician or other individual who will be responsible for the operation of your labs? Read this article first to learn how to find a great addition to your simulation team!
- WISER Nursing Symposium Video Coverage – Back in June The 6th Annual WISER Nursing Simulation Symposium took place at the Pittsburgh Hilton and at the WISER center located next door. Learn more about WISER, this event and Dr. Paul Phrampus – President for the Society for Simulation in Healthcare.
- 10% OFF Medical Simulation Market Global Forecasts Report – Did you know the Medical Simulation Industry is expected to reach over 1.9 billion in value by 2017? Are you looking to learn more about this market to start or expand your medical simulation business?
- 70 FREE Medical Simulation Videos – HealthySimulation.com has produced more than 70 clinical simulation videos which have been watched over 26,000 times by the international healthcare education community. Check out some highlights here!
- Meet Simulab – A Video Introduction – I first connected with Simulab at IMSH earlier this year when I spoke with their COO Doug Beighle, and learned that over 35,000 doctors are trained with Simulab products in the US each year for traumatic surgical procedures. After this introduction watch the TraumaMan Surgical Abdomen In-Situ Video @ LSU Health!
- Learn more about Sim Tech training where SimGHOSTS Provided 172 Sim Techs with Hands-On Training at San Antonio College earlier this month!
- How to Evaluate Effectiveness of Simulation – Learn about the Japanese philosophy of “Kaizen”, which means “never-ending improvement”, a passion for making things better, the drive for perfection – and how this can help you better develop your medical simulation program.
- Best Practices For Medical Simulation Hiring – “The goal with hiring for your simulation-based positions is to not necessarily find candidates with the most simulation experience, nor even the most medical experience, but rather the person who has demonstrated the most passion for the position.”
- Theatrical Blood Effects for Realistic Casualty Simulation – Suzanne Patterson, Curriculum Development Specialist / Instructor atMilitaryMoulage.com wrote in to share a recent article on Blood Effects for Realistic Casualty Simulations.
- ALSi From iSimulate Affordably Increases Medical Simulation Fidelity – iSimulate has designed ALSi to reduce medical simulation equipment costs while increasing scenario fidelity. Get $250 off with an exclusive HealthySim discount code!
- International Pediatric Simulation Symposia and Workshop Video Coverage Part 1 – HealthStream sponsored my attendance to the 5th Annual International Pediatric Simulation Symposia and Workshops Conference or IPSSW. Watch this series to learn more about Pediatric Simulation & HealthStream’s SimManager platform.
- Blood Pressure Simulator “BPsim” From KBPort – What I really liked about this device was how realistic the blood pressure cuff was, how detailed you could get with the settings, and how it will work on manikins, IV Arm task trainers AND humans!
- Award-winning Sim Tech “DIY” Projects Videos – B-Line Medical Supports Sim Tech Innovation With $1000 in Prizes at SimGHOSTS 2013! Watch these videos to see how to build your own EHR system, re-purpose ATLS training skins, and increase fidelity on more basic manikins!
Finally, check out our Top 10 Medical Simulation Articles from Spring – Our previous 2013 recap article with even more great content!
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Dr. Abigail Baily in Las Vegas, Nevada with their newborn daughter and two crazy dachshunds.