INACSL Announces 2020 Virtual Nursing Simulation Conference June 24-26
Due to COVID-19, the International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning has evolved its normally in-person annual healthcare simulation conference into an online virtual event. While some of the opportunities to network with nursing simulation peers at INACSL will unfortunately be lost, the ability to get immediate access to on demand content is stronger than ever, and at a discounted rate! Any simulation in healthcare champion looking to gain access to more than 40+ live and on demand sessions for over 30+ CNE credit opportunities this June 24th-26th should learn more now!
The INACSL Virtual Conference is a leading forum for simulation aficionados, researchers, and vendors providing the ideal environment to gain and disseminate current, state-of-the-art knowledge in the areas of skills / simulation operations and applications in an evidenced-based venue. Healthcare professionals will have the opportunity to network with colleagues and exhibitors, discuss best practices as relates to competencies, safety and quality performance indicators, and advance the science of simulation.
The INACSL Virtual Conference, 2020 accommodates needs for top-notch medical simulation education, flexible content delivery, and affordable pricing. With a full conference registration, log in at any time from June 24th – August 31st for complete access to live and on demand sessions from the convenience of your home or office. Best of all, clinical simulation champions can save over 30% off their normal in-person registration rate!
This year, with a full virtual conference registration, you will have immediate access to 40+ live and on demand sessions. Altogether, they will be worth 30+ CNE credits. At their in-person conference, we offer 50+ educational sessions, but because the conference lasts for only a few days, you are limited to 15+ CNE credits. This year, simulationists can access every live and on demand session for 60 days, so participants have the potential to earn more than double the credits available at our in-person conference.
INACSL 2020 Conference Sessions Include:
- Bringing a video-based character to life using simulation to facilitate IPE health science student skills in opioid misuse assessment and management
- Virtual simulation: Is it worth integration into undergraduate nursing?
- Analysis of technical, operations and management roles in healthcare simulation
- Development of adaptive case studies in tele-psychiatry for a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner program
- Implementation of medication administration and documentation on a shoestring budget
- Alternating simulation for traditional clinical: Perioperative and perinatal experiences
- Designing virtual reality education solutions: Partnering with software developers
- Flipping the approach to patient safety: Rethinking medication administration using a multi-level simulation
- Transition to practice: Utilizing high fidelity end-of-life simulation to support the newly licensed nurse
- Clinical judgment in primary and supporting pre-licensure nursing students after observation of inter-professional simulations in the classroom
- Enhancing nurse practitioner curricula with telehealth simulation experiences: Outcomes, opportunities, and lessons learned
- And many more!
The International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning (INACSL) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Sponsors include CAE Healthcare, EHRGo, Laerdal, Cardionics, Intelligent Video Solutions, SIMTABS, UbiSim, SSH, SIMX and other leading vendors. HealthySimulation.com is a media partner for the event, and will be updating readers throughout the conference research presentations.
- INACSL Members
- Full conference* (30+ CNE) @ $499
- Partial conference* (10 CNE) @ $249
- Full conference (30+ CNE) @ $599
- Partial conference (10 CNE) @ $349
*Equity Pricing available to INACSL Members
INACSL Virtual Conference 2020 Objectives:
- Experience the newest innovations in nursing simulation and learning resources while revisiting tried-and-true methodologies.
- Explore future simulation opportunities using evidence based practice.
- Determine new directions for simulation and learning resource centers.
- Explore strategies to integrate technology in curriculum and practice.
- Examine the challenges of managing nursing simulation/learning resource centers.
- Network with colleagues and experts.
More About INACSL
INACSL’s mission is to advance the science of healthcare simulation. INACSL has operationalized its mission by developing the first standards for simulation practice, INACSL Standards of Best Practice: SimulationSM, Published in the Clinical Simulation in Nursing, INACSL’s monthly, electronic research journal, these freely accessible articles provide the industry with guidelines for creating and executing healthcare simulations. The Leadership of INACSL is deeply committed to meeting the needs of its membership. They thoughtfully examine all opportunities and options to ensure that all decisions benefit the members as well as align with the Mission and Vision of the organization.
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.