Just 2 Weeks Left But Not Too Late: Largest SimGHOSTS Sim Operations Event Ever in Memphis
The 8th Annual SimGHOSTS USA event is still taking registrations for what has already set to become the LARGEST simulation technology operations event in the organization’s history! Join 200 other simulation champions at the brand new University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis from July 31st to August 3rd for 4 days off hands-on training from leading community experts! Gain practical tips for increasing the utilization of simulation technologies in your healthcare education or training program, all while networking with the largest community of operators the group has ever seen! You can also meet with the most innovative vendors to see the latest technology trends and gain insider secrets to installing, using, fixing, and replacing your program’s many diverse systems, from A/V to manikin programming, and from moulage recipes to staffing procedures — SimGHOSTS is the first and ONLY event created “for Techs, by Techs”.
Not a tech? Not to worry as 50% of SimGHOSTS attendees are primarily responsible for coordinating and educating with simulation technologies and do not have dedicated technical staff at their program. Watch what others say about the event through the 2018 trailer below! You are among friends at a SimGHOSTS event where the community comes together to share their unique experiences and “learn by doing” secrets with beginning to advanced courses in:
- Manikin Programming & Hardware Repair
- A/V System Design, Integration and Consolidation
- IT Networking & Debugging
- Trauma & Suturing Moulage Makeup
- Video Production & Editing Techniques
- Team Communication & Leadership
- Medical Pharmacology & Terminology for the Non-Medical
- Career Development & Staff Management
- And much much more!
Key Industry Sponsors In Attendance
Platinum Sponsored by Level 3 Healthcare, and Gold Sponsored by EMS SimulationIQ, Laerdal Medical, and CAE Healthcare, the 2018 event also includes courses from Ventriloscope, Nasco Simulaids, Health Scholars, ECHO Healthcare, and exhibitor presence with KbPort, Pocket Nurse, Otosim, CLR, Cardionics, B-Line Medical, VirtaMed, Interactive Solutions, 3D Systems, 7-Sigma, and TraumaSim!
Who Should Attend SimGHOSTS Events?
Anyone responsible for the technical operation of a medical simulation lab including full-time or part-time Sim Techs, or clinical educators tasked with operating the day-to-day of simulation spaces. As well, anyone evaluating medical-simulation based technology should strongly consider attending as most major industry vendors are encouraged to attend. Other meetings are better suited to clinical educators looking to learn how to teach with medical simulation. Administrators of simulation programs should also consider sending their institution’s AV and IT related staff members who are responsible for supporting the simulation program. In our most recent events, staff from AV and IT departments outside of the healthcare simulation program found immense benefit from participating in SimGHOSTS to better understand the needs of their institution’s simulation program!
SimGHOSTS 2018 USA
University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center
Center for Healthcare Improvement & Patient Simulation
Pre-Symposium: July 31st, 2018
Symposium: August 1st-3rd, 2018
SimGHOSTS 2018 Agenda Sessions Include:
- Building a Winning TEAM with TeamSTEPS: A Novel Approach to IPE Simulation
- Arduino for the Simulation Technician
- Poster Presentations and Innovation Showcase
- How to Innovate in your Simulation Center
- Enhancing Fidelity Through Sensory Perception – moulage workshop
- Conquering the Growing Need for SPs and Coordination in Simulation Programs
- Sculpting, Casting and Molding Workshop
- Teach What You Can, Recruit What You Cannot Teach
- Operationalizing the Standards – INACSL
- Use Materials you Already Have to Make Hybrid Simulations More Realistic / “Can I have that back?” A beginner’s guide to reusing clinical supplies in simulation
- Evaluating Simulation Technology for Purchasing Decisions
- Taking hi-fidelity simulation from South Africa to Tanzania / Simulation at 30,000 Feet: High Stakes, Critical Transport Evacuation Exercises
- Parkview Mirro Advanced Simulation Laboratory Video In-Situ Debriefing System (VIDS)
- Virtual Field Trauma Triage VR Demo
- Associate Degree in Healthcare Simulation Technology: Standardizing the profession
- Quick Tips for Implementing the PEARLS Framework in Your Debriefing
- The Effect of Repeated Simulation Experience on Undergraduate Students’ Self-Confidence / Sentinel Events and Simulation
- Experience and lessons learnt from Realistic Simulation events
Registration is STILL open, so check out the justification sheet if you need help and…
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.