iRIS: Collaborative Simulation Authoring Platform in the Palm of Your Hand!
Imagine being able to easily author a standardized simulation scenario from the palm of your hand…. Well thanks to TWME8 now we can! iRIS is a collaborative simulation authoring platform to support the development of high quality content, and is being utilized in partnership with the Association of Simulated Practice in Healthcare UK organization. iRIS uses the ASPiH Simulation Based Education (SBE) Standards as its framework. The system provides a web-based, standardized Simulation Development template with single-click access of all resources required to deliver scenarios.
TWM E8 is an experienced provider delivering transformation software solutions for both public and private sector for over 10 years. Established in 2013 as part of The Working Manager Group, our mission is to deliver better business performance through unique software applications that enable engagement, collaboration and process for exceptional value within key market sectors. They offer two unique software solutions, EQuip and iRIS which provide solutions to answer client requirements with excellent value for money across global and dynamic growth markets: EQuip provides a widely accessible, real-time solution for capturing quality concerns, identifying trends, and then uniquely supporting multi-agency collaboration to develop quality improvements. iRIS is a unique simulation authoring tool. It is the only solution to support the Simulation standards developed by the Association for Simulation Practice in Healthcare (ASPiH) and Health Education England (HEE).
How iRIS works
- Time and cost-saving simulation-based education for development of professional and quality assured course content.
- An intuitive software solution where course developers can author rapidly and efficiently together.
- Simple implementation with sharing options across networks or institutions for rapid course dissemination.
- A library of ready-to-use course content including all resources, faculty notes and manikin data.
- A secure online platform enabling best practice methodologies in simulation education
- Develop high quality content: Create consistently high quality content using standardised approach for seamless simulation programmes
- Increase author engagement: Increase engagement in simulation authoring by harnessing expertise in developing new content
- Reduce time spent training: Significantly reduce time spent on collating and redeveloping simulation resources
- Drive collaborative authoring: Streamline simulation education and collaborative working with colleagues or partners
- Create guidance for new authors: Provide support for new simulation authors with step-by-step guidance that is easily accessible Map content to frameworks Map course and scenario content to ASPiH SBE Standards or any
Dr. David Grant, Previous IPSS President and current SESAM President says “Thanks to iRIS we have been able to achieve equity of access to high quality educational material whilst creating a system that allows educational governance, collaborative development of high quality educational material and sharing of resources. iRIS addresses the re-inventing the wheel phenomenon that often exists in the Simulation and Education community.”
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He and his wife Abigail Baily, PhD live in Las Vegas, Nevada with two amazing daughters and two crazy dachshunds.