Limbs And Things Provides Online & Hands-on Hybrid Suture Tutor Training Kits
Graham Whiteside from Limbs & Things was on-hand at IMSH 2013 to talk with HealthySimulation.com about their new Limbs Learning Online training platform which combines online courseware with hands-on training kits. What is really innovative about this new learning platform is that it provides online learning cirricullum which is directly tied to a specific task trainer. Learners will therefore spend less time trying to figure out a task trainer and more time practicing the skill. Watch my video interview with Graham to learn more about LimbsLearningOnline.com and the new SutureTutorPlus Kit training program:
Limbs & Things has been designing, manufacturing and distributing clinical and surgical skills training products for over 20 years. Their new Limbs Learning Online website will offer a range of e-learning courses designed for medical undergraduates, nursing students, foundation trainees, surgical trainees, nurse practitioners, doctors training in emergency medicine, and trainers. These courses will offer anytime, anywhere access to subscribers via a broadband internet connection.
These hybrid courses training engage learners across a multitude of mediums including:
- Computer graphics and videos which clearly explain the principles.
- Video of the techniques being demonstrated on medical models.
- Clinical video of the procedures on a patient.
- Content is broken down into clearly structured modules, chapters and topics with explanatory on screen text and full narration.
- And unlike other online courses, the Limbs & Things learning online material is supported by hands-on models and materials.
SutureTutorPlus is the first of these online self-directed learning packages. STP will benefit any student or healthcare professional wanting to acquire hands-on practical skills, or any institution delivering training, in the following areas:
- Suturing techniques Suture aftercare
- Handling of instruments
- Incision of skin and subcutaneous tissue
- Needles and sutures
- Knot tying
- Scrubbing, gowning and gloving
- Cleaning a wound
- Local anesthesia
- Patient management and consent
- Other methods of wound closure
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.