Sentinel U Offers Virtually Endless Clinicals for Future and Practicing Nurses
A division of American Sentinel University, formerly known as Healthcare Learning Innovations, Sentinel U now offers a comprehensive portfolio filled with web based virtual clinical simulation solutions for empowered healthcare education & professional development workplace training. In effect, Sentinel U now offers virtually endless clinical learning experiences for future and practicing nurses. With Sentinel U’s multiple modules under one comprehensive program umbrella, nursing simulation programs can uniquely acquire the exact learning technologies they need now to continue and expand virtual learning events.
More About Sentinel Health
Sentinel U, formerly Healthcare Learning Innovations, meets the evolving needs of healthcare education and training by providing simulation-based technologies and virtual learning tools. Sentinel U is advancing nursing academic education and healthcare professional training by providing virtual clinicals that are engaging, effective, and economic. Sentinel U provides future and practicing nurses with online simulations that are convenient for learners to safely practice healthcare and patient scenarios anywhere, at any time, while earning virtual clinical hours.
Exploring Sentinel U’s Virtual Clinicals:
- Sentinel City: Their flagship product that was originally developed to teach nursing students how to conduct windshield surveys now includes 30 assignments and our Family Support and Home Assessment virtual clinical scenario.
- Sentinel Town: This simulation allows students to navigate through a community featuring the unique healthcare requirements of people living in remote U.S. areas.
- Prioritization of Care- Hospital: A hospital-based scenario where students examine patients and prioritize their needs into two levels of care.
- Prioritization of Care- Clinic: A clinical scenario where students examine patients and prioritize their needs into two levels of care.
- Patient Management and Delegation: A clinical scenario where students act as charge nurses, practicing making management and delegation decisions based on handoff reports and other information.
- Nursing Quality Indicators: A clinical scenario where students care for various patients spread across five levels and predict the impact of clinical judgments and nursing decisions.
- Family Support and Home Assessment with Care Plan: An apartment walk-through that allows students to interview and holistically assess families’ daily living environments.
Whether you are a nurse educator, hospital manager, residency program instructor, clinical coordinator, healthcare employee, HR manager, or practicing nurse, the newly expanded digital learning programs with Sentinel U can provide engaging remote learning resources immediately at scale. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, educators need ways learners can engage digital learning resources from anywhere in the world, at any time. Major topics include med-surg, maternal health, psych, pediatrics, and community health just to name a few.
Aligning outcomes with AACN BSN Essentials, QSEN Competencies, and NCLEX categories, Sentinel U offers a convenient and flexible way to enhance clinical judgment and leadership skills with simulated clinical hours for learners across multiple levels.
Benefits of Sentinel Health and virtual simulations for nurse educators include:
- Improves Retention: Research has shown that simulations improve learning retention. Immerse students in interactive, risk-free online nursing scenarios and virtual clinical simulations that deliver timely feedback and leverage adaptive learning methods. Virtual nursing scenarios align with QSEN competencies, AACN BSN Essentials and NCLEX categories.
- Facilitates Flexible Self-Paced Learning:Virtual clinical simulations allow students to break down topics, focus on problem areas, and tackle new levels of difficulty as they master each skill. Gamification engages, rewards mastery, and identifies shortcomings.
- Addresses Barriers to Clinical Placement: Nursing students can earn clinical hours, reducing the pressure on nurse educators to arrange and monitor clinical placements. These simulation resources are also used by students to prepare for clinicals, or as interesting course assignments.
- Cuts Costs and Resource Requirements: Leveraging cloud-hosted software, colleges and universities can control costs for nursing education and operation while reaching more students with engaging distance learning.
- Enhances Faculty Resources: Faculty dashboards monitor student participation, identify learner strengths and weaknesses, verify student integrity, and consistently measures progress. AACN Essentials mapping and grading rubrics. 24/7 support (phone, live chat and email).
Check Out These Immediate Webinars to Learn More:
- For Faculty who teach Community and Population Health Nursing: Community and Population Health Simulations Demonstrations (Today: July 15 2020 @ 11 PM ET). Join the team from Sentinel U as they walk through our virtual clinical simulations (Sentinel City and Sentinel Town) that fully immerse nursing students in a safe, gamified environment while providing meaningful simulated experiences.
- For Nursing Faculty, Healthcare Organizations or Practicing Nurses: Virtual Clinical Scenarios Demonstrations (Tomorrow: July 16 2020 @ 11 PM ET). Join the team from Sentinel U as they explore Prioritization of Care, Patient Management and Delegation and Nursing Quality Indicators. These virtual clinical simulations allow nursing students and practicing nurses to learn and master advanced clinical judgment skills in a risk-free environment.
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.