Simulation Monitor iPhone App
UK’s Simulation Monitor is launching a new iPhone/iPad software to replicate patient monitors.
The website suggests the app is a great learning tool for undergrad exams, OSCE post-grad exams, and ALS/ATLS/APLS courses which costs far less than an expensive high-fidelity manikin monitor.
Quick Notes about this Medical Simulation Software:
- Simulation Training on the iPhone
- No need for high fidelity, expensive simulation mannequin
- Scenario based training on the ward, in the staff room or in the pub!
- Teacher and student can share single iPhone/Pod/Pad
- If second iDevice is available then link via bluetooth…Student’s iPhone will act as a monitor
- 30+ ECGs to choose from
- change rhythms instantly or via defibrillation/CPR
- Provide lab results as case evolves
- Includes capnography waveforms (…obstrucive airway disease, sudden loss of cardiac output, malignant hyperpyrexia…)
You can learn more at: http://www.simulationmonitor.co.uk/
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.