HazSim Provides Hazardous Training Products and Services to Save EMS Lives
Simulation is the only way that Fire Fighters, HazMat Specialists, and other EMS personnel can train for dangerous hazardous materials environments, such as radioactive spills, chemical leaks, or poisonous gas. HazSim provides products and services to maximize the realism of that life saving Hazardous training. The company was created by Firefighters and Hazardous Materials Specialists with years of experience in the field who recognized a critical gap in HazMat training. Their goal? To prepare first responders for dangerous jobs through effective and simulated training experiences.
HazSim products have redefined how specialists in hazardous environments are trained for life safety by providing unprecedented simulated education through advanced technologies. Authorized HazSimTrainers offer front line responders and Hazmat workers with live, on-location, real-time healthcare simulations that are set to mirror the most dangerous environments. These virtual HazSim scenarios pioneer new roads for improving response time, reaction skills, and overall safe management of potentially life-threatening situations for emergency first responders.
The HazSim Pro training system has been used to train across the U.S since 2011. Trainers in HazMat and Confined Space realized that ‘tapping the student on the shoulder’ to inform them what their sensors were reading, was NOT effective training. This training device uses NO hazardous materials and shows the important data which the students needs to learn to ‘react’ and respond with. HazSim provides front line responders and Hazmat workers live, on-location, real-time simulations that mirror dangerous environments and improve the learning experience without the use of dangerous agents.
The HazSim Pro 2.0 System Provides
- Ruggedized handheld ‘HazSim’ meter. Becomes over 18 different meters.
- Weatherproof Long Range LAN (Internet not needed)
- Instructor Tablet
- Power Cords Pelican Case
- Confined Space Probe
- Over 18 different meters included (shown as a 5gas with Ammonia)
- Ruggedized housing, touch screen
- Multi-gas – Four, five, or six gas meter display which includes Oxygen, Lower Explosive Limit
- Carbon Monoxide, Hydrogen Sulfide, Hydrogen Cyanide, Chlorine, Ammonia, and more
- Radiation – alpha, beta and gamma
- Audible Alarms
- Individual Gas Feature – Display only one gas for specific industry training
- PID Package – Multi-gas meters which include PID IBUT, ch4, and CO2 in ppm
- Confined Space Probe
Interactive HazSim Learning
- Interactive – know exactly where your students are at on subjects
- Instructor can send questions related to evolution in real time
- Student answers questions via touch screen on HazSim
- Questions Package – set of questions focused on specific training areas
- Customized questions (RAD, FRO, ConSpace, Meter Basics)
- Alarm Edit – Ability to change the default setting where HazSim alarms
Affordable Pricing, with Financing Grant Support Available
- Pro System – Payment options available, contact them for pricing
- Scalable – Additional handheld can be added for discounted price
- Regional multi-unit and other price advantages offered
- Purchased via UASI, HMEP, LEPC, Corporate Giving Programs, and other Fed, State and Local Grants. Contact us for assistance
- Multiple Patents Granted and Pending, Sole Source Pricing
- Outstanding customer and warranty support – we need you out training!
- Save on repairs by NOT over using front line equipment in training
- Can be used in field and classroom training to reinforce basics
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and current Chairman of the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.