Ontario Based SIM-one Provides Upcoming Course in 'Simulation Research: Best Practices for Planning a Research Study'
This has been a week for upcoming simulation courses and workshop announcements. It makes us happy to think that five years ago there was only a handful of courses every year around the world to train clinical educators in the process of medical simulation, now there is a course a week! This latest training program is an ONLINE course that you can take from anywhere on getting into Simulation Research.
Simulation Research: Best Practices for Planning a Research Study is facilitated and led by leading simulation and health care education researchers across Ontario. Facilitators will coach course participants through the process of building a research study based on their research question or interest. They will provide guidance on practical issues such as method planning, grant applications, knowledge mobilization planning, and team building.
This eight-week course includes video-recorded lectures, interactive live webinars with expert researchers, and review & questions periods. It complements the Simulation Research: Primer introductory course.
Who will benefit?
Have a defined research question or hypothesis, but not sure how to begin planning your study? Or, completed theSimulation Research: Primer course and looking for more information? Then this course is for you.
What will I learn?
- Tips & tools for building research questions into concrete research study plans
- Guidance on developing a research study, including creating a study design (qualitative & quantitative methods planning)
- Choosing and validating the right measurement tools
- Knowledge mobilization planning
- Guidance on applying for simulation research grant proposal(s)
- How to build a strong research team
Learning outcomes & benefits
Participants will become familiar with the core concepts for planning a research study, including:
- Steps to investigate a simulation research question
- Creating and critiquing a research study method/protocol
- Documenting a research study protocol and knowledge mobilization plan
- Identifying human and physical resources necessary to complete a research study
- Drafting a grant application
Learn more about this and other SIM-one courses at their website today!
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Dr. Abigail Baily in Las Vegas, Nevada with their newborn daughter and two crazy dachshunds.