Education Management Solutions Launches New *Must See* Simulation Learning Systems at IMSH 2020
Just ahead of IMSH 2020 in San Diego this weekend, Education Management Solutions (EMS) has announced their new product lines supporting healthcare simulation learning opportunities! The HealthySimulation.com can’t wait to stop by the EMS booth and see the recently launched Pharmacy Simulator SimPHARM system and its new IPE integration, along side two new SimulationIQ recording options with SIMULATIONiQ AV Cloud and SIMULATIONiQ EMT Cloud. Let’s take a quick peak at the new EMS learning tools being showcased this weekend at the International Meeting for Simulation in Healthcare 2020!
Debuted in July, SimPHARM changed the way that pharmacy students practiced cases. With a virtual phamacometric physiology engine, SimPHARM allowed for the first time students and instructors to create and run scenarios on the fly with real time impact on the patient. Student’s medical administration choices directly impacted the virtual physiology of the patient, with the impact unfolding in real time.
Students felt the pressure of tackling medication interactions and dealing with consequences of their clinical decision making. In multiple discussions with industry and close collaboration with subject matter experts such as AACP, EMS realized that they could take this product further and do more to solve the true patient safety issues that arise with working across disciplines and patients who require treatment across multiple conditions and urgent symptoms.
In keeping with EMS’ history of rapid development of key technology solutions, they are announcing the launch of SimPHARM IPE at IMSH 2020. Featured in their Spotlight Learning Lab on Sunday morning, SimPHARM IPE will showcase a live exercise involving all of the new product capabilities including case creation, case assignment across disciplines, multiple interprofessional education teams working a live case, live video chat collaboration, documentation of all medication administration and a live debriefing.
A mobile/tablet based platform that is web based and doesn’t require any specialized laptop or gaming card – SimPHARM IPE truly puts IPE learning in the palm of your hand – all backed by a highly accurate pharmocometric physiology based engine.
Real-Time Training SimPHARM utilizes a Case Based Learning (CBL) model where one minute of virtual time equals one minute of real time, empowering students to make decisions, think, and respond as they would in an actual clinical environment. Dynamic Decision Making SimPHARM is built on mathematical models of the physiological body systems that supports realistic clinical experiences and real life effects of diseases and drugs, allowing the student to sense and feel the consequences of their decisions.
Flipped Classroom Learning SimPHARM gives students access to educational content independently while under the guidance of a faculty member, empowering them to read, review, and learn material at their own pace before entering the classroom. Enhanced Debriefing SimPHARM lets students complete a case while experiencing the consequences of their decisions and reflecting on case progress in real-time, debrief their experiences, get feedback, and compare decisions with classroom peers.
SimPHARM Key Learner Benefits
- Real-Time Training: SimPHARM utilizes a Case Based Learning (CBL) model where one minute of virtual time equals one minute of real time, empowering students to make decisions, think, and respond as they would in an actual clinical environment.
- Dynamic Decision Making: SimPHARM is built on mathematical models of the physiological body systems that supports realistic clinical experiences and real life effects of diseases and drugs, allowing the student to sense and feel the consequences of their decisions.
- Flipped Classroom Learning: SimPHARM gives students access to educational content independently while under the guidance of a faculty member, empowering them to read, review, and learn material at their own pace before entering the classroom.
- Enhanced Debriefing: SimPHARM lets students complete a case while experiencing the consequences of their decisions and reflecting on case progress in real-time, debrief their experiences, get feedback, and compare decisions with classroom peers.
SIMULATIONiQ AV Cloud
A solution ideal for Allied Health, Nursing and Hospitals, SIMULATIONiQ AV Cloud provides an extensive cloud based platform fusing local fixed and mobile AV solutions, full manikin integration, plus check-lists and assessments all in one simple and easy to use cloud based platform. Designed to support both custom, on-premise AV requirements, as well as their full Training in Motion solutions, SIMULATIONiQ AV Cloud is the ideal solution to support multi-site programs seeking to unify their training but maintain flexibility across individual sites. All data is captured live and available for immediate debriefing.
Live View of individual rooms is available from any location. Full didactic course management, rubric scoring and full grade book integration also available to tailor fit healthcare programs with both online and active simulation components. As standard across the SIMULATIONiQ portfolio of products, SIMULATIONiQ AV Cloud also supports turnkey integration across major Learning Management System platforms used in major academic and healthcare institutes such as Blackboard, Canvas and Direct2Learning.
SIMULATIONiQ AV Cloud Assessment and Integration
- Checklist and Rubric based evaluation workflow
- Remote evaluation using video-based checklists and rubrics
- In-video quizzing for interactive assessment and training content reinforcement
- Item analysis-based reporting and analytics
- LTI standards-based LMS integration
- Proactive upgrades for LMS changes with Canvas, Blackboard, and D2L partnerships
SIMULATIONiQ EMT Cloud
Similar to SIMULATIONiQ AV Cloud, SIMULATIONiQ EMT supports multi-site, and individual programs with AV capture, manikin integration, allowing for both fixed and customized site specific AV requirements. In addition, SIMULATIONiQ EMT is created to map to the entire spectrum of EMT training. The solution hosts all aspects of the training, both video based and static content, quizzing, grading and scoring of both didactic and simulation based activity. It also includes 100% of the NREMT checklists and scenarios – including the NREMT required timers for all certification simulation encounters – removing the need for paper scenarios and encounter timing based on stopwatches!
EMS has been working very closely on the development of this product with one of the PA local FEMA Regional Task Force Training Centers.
This Center, the Montgomery County Department of Public Safety trains the overwhelming majority of first responders in the PA and NJ regional area. Once EMS understood how distributed this training is, with students coming from all over two separate states, the team knew they would take a new approach. EMS solutions fuse together online didactic training content with live simulation based training. Now remote students can also watch encounters live to share the live lab experience when and where geography creates barriers.
Live Training Benefits of SIMULATIONiQ EMT Cloud
- Full library of embedded NREMT checklists (including timer!)
- Support Rubric based assessments
- Record and bookmark key performance events for immediate debriefing of high impact simulation encounters
- Stream live simulation exercises for remote learners
- Quickly capture and automatically upload all simulation exercises and NREMT checklist data back to the SIMULATIONiQ EMT
- Cloud learning management system
- Full integration with training manikins, including vitals
Visit the EMS Exhibitor Booth at the IMSH Exhibitor hall this weekend or…
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Dr. Abigail Baily in Las Vegas, Nevada with their newborn daughter and two crazy dachshunds.