Still Time to Register for 7th Annual World Patient Safety Summit Jan. 18-19th in CA
HealthySim is proud to support the 7th Annual World Patient Safety, Science & Technology Summit which is co-convened by the American Society of Anesthesiologists and the European Society of Anaesthesiology and taking place January 18th and 19th in Huntington Beach California.
The 2019 Summit will gather international hospital leaders, medical and information technology companies, the patient advocacy community, public policy makers and government officials, to discuss solutions to the leading challenges that cause preventable patient deaths in hospitals worldwide. And great news — there is still time to register to attend this amazing event founded by Masimo!
The Summit will feature keynote addresses from public figures, patient safety experts and plenary sessions with healthcare luminaries, members of the press and patient advocates, as well as announcements from organizations who have made their own commitments to reach the Patient Safety Movement Foundation’s goal of ZERO preventable deaths by 2020. You can register here!
Keynote Speakers Include:
- President Bill Clinton – Founder of the Clinton Foundation and 42nd President of the United States
- Joe Kiani – Founder, Patient Safety Movement Foundation; Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Masimo
- Daniel Cole MD, FASA – Past President, American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA)
- Kai Zacharowski – MD, PHD, FRCA President Elect, European Society of Anaesthesiology (ESA)
Presentations and panels include discussions on topics such as a Media panel, Healthcare Technology, Hospital Leadership Panel: Transparency from the Legal Perspective, Delirium Panel, awards ceremony, dinner and entertainment and more!
As a commitment-based organization, the Movement encourages committed organizations to join them in California for their 7th Annual World Patient Safety, Science & Technology Summit. For detailed information on pricing to register, please visit the website through the link below.
About the Patient Safety Movement Foundation
Improving patient safety requires a collaborative effort from all stakeholders, including patients, healthcare providers, medical technology companies, government, employers, and private payors. The Patient Safety Movement Foundation works with all stakeholders to address the problems and solutions of patient safety. Preventable medical errors lead to more than 200,000 deaths in US hospitals every year leading to $1.44 trillion in excess healthcare costs. The PSMF supports Patient Safety through a variety of means including:
- Actionable Solutions: Actionable Patient Safety Solutions (APSS) serve as powerful and efficient tools to help guide healthcare professionals toward practices that decrease preventable patient deaths in hospitals.
- Impact: In 2018, the Patient Safety Movement Foundation held its 6th Annual World Patient Safety, Science & Technology Summit and announced the impact we’ve made connecting the dots across the globe.
- Partnerships: Fostering relationships with like-minded individuals is the driving force that makes our mission to reach zero preventable deaths conceivable.
Joe Kiani explains, “Hospitals that make the commitment to eliminate preventable patient deaths and are transparent about their progress are arguably safer than those that haven’t made the commitment and aren’t measuring. Thanks to the commitment of our 4600 hospitals globally, we are seeing regular improvements in patient safety and thus fewer lives saved due to their ongoing efforts.”
Want to have your organization support the Patient Safety Movement? Join the 4,500+ international hospitals and help us improve patient safety and reduce preventable deaths. By making a commitment, your hospital stands in solidarity with us that we can only achieve ZERO preventable deaths by engaging all hospitals.