Healthcare Simulation Week Kicks Off Today — Share Your Stories With the World!
Join your simulation community of peers this week to celebrate SSH’s “Healthcare Simulation Week” as they promote the professionals who improve the safety, effectiveness and efficiency of healthcare services every day. The inaugural Healthcare Simulation Week celebrates global professionals like you who use simulation to improve the safety, effectiveness, and efficiency of healthcare delivery. All this week you can submit your news, stories, articles, tips, and photos by submitting a post to HealthySimulation and we will share it with the global healthcare simulation community for HcSIMWeek!
Special SSH activities:
Free access to SSH’s Simulation in Healthcare.Generally reserved for SSH members, this week we invite anyone to explore the thought-provoking simulation content available in the journal.
#MoulageContest: Post your most realistic creation to #moulagecontest between Sept. 11-15. The photo with the most Likes will win Healthcare Simulation Week merchandise. Winners will be announced Sept. 18.
Articles of the Day. Check Facebook and Twitter each day for a must-read article on healthcare simulation.
New member discount! Know a healthcare simulation professional who isn’t a member of SSH? Refer them during #HcSimWeek and they’ll receive a $25 discount on membership. Use code SIMWEEK17 through 9/30.
- September 12, 1:00-1:30 pm EST: Myths and Facts about Live Human Simulation, Carrie Bohnert, VP of Ops, ASPE. Simulationists know that incorporating live role-players (SPs or confederates) into simulation allows for direct observation of skills like history taking, physical exam, and counseling, that can’t be addressed using mannequins. However, myths abound! Hop onto this myth-busting Facebook Live event to explore preconceived notions about live human simulation.
- September 13, 2:00 PM EST: Get an insider’s view of the Broward College Health Sciences Simulation Center in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. The Center mirrors an Acute Care Hospital with a full sized ALS (Advanced Life Support) Training Ambulance. You will have a tour of the second floor hospital suites and Operating Room. Each suite includes a Pre-brief waiting room, patient room, and Debriefing Conference Room.
- September 13, 3:30 -4:30 PM EST. Twitter Journal Club, Join us for a Journal Club Twitter chat about the SIH article, Evaluation of a Simpler Tool to Assess Nontechnical Skills During Simulated Critical Events. Go to @Twitter Journal Club
- September 14: 1:00 PM EST, Productive Debriefing. Dr. Walter Eppich, Associate Professor of Pediatrics (Emergency Medicine) and Medical Education, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, will highlight what helps make debriefing conversations productive.
- September 15, 3:00 PM EST. Staff from Simulation Learning, Education and Research Network (SimLEARN) at the Veterans Health Administration’s (VHA) National Simulation Center (NSC) will take you on a tour. Learn how VHA is preparing clinical staff to better care for our Veterans and see some of the advanced technology available making this training possible. The VHA NSC provides a high-fidelity training environment by replicating actual patient treatment areas including an outpatient clinic setting, as well as an inpatient/hospital setting.