Complete List of Clinical Simulation Conferences in 2020
Clinical Simulation conferences are an absolute must for professionals seeking to start or expand their institution’s healthcare simulation programs. As there are very few educational pathways for Medical Simulation professionals, participating in simulation in healthcare conferences like SimGHOSTS, ASPIH or INACSL are a crucial step in developing or expanding your institution’s program and developing your professional career.
There are plenty of fantastic global conferences coming up in 2020 that provide a range of focused simulation learning, networking, and vendor engagement opportunities, so save the dates for these special conferences and simulation workshop events listed below!
Don’t See Your Event Listed? Email us to have your healthcare simulation conference listed. Note that this article will not be updated, instead our Healthcare Simulation Conferences page will have the latest up to date information!
Featured Medical Simulation Conference 2020 Media Partnership Listings:
Operational Medicine Symposium
January 22-23, 2020
Parma Payne Goodall Alumni Center in San Diego, CA
The 2nd Annual Operational Medicine Symposium will focus on DoD initiatives to enhance military medicine techniques and improve the quality of care of our nation’s warfighters. This symposium will bring together highly regarded medical professions from all services to discuss the practice of medicine in expeditionary environments from battlefield to installation. Topics to be Covered at the Symposium: Examining How the Changing Operating Environment Will Impact Operational Medicine, Update on the Realignment of the Military Health System and the Transition of DHA’s New Responsibilities,Ensuring Military Medical Forces are Ready and Equipped to Care for the Warfighter in Expeditionary Environments, and more!
Annual World Patient Safety, Science & Technology Summits
March 5-7, 2020
Huntington Beach, California
The 8th Annual World Patient Safety, Science & Technology Summit is co-convened with the International Society for Quality in Health Care (ISQua) and American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA), and the European Society of Anesthesiology (ESA) and will bring together all stakeholder groups to discuss novel solutions to the leading challenges facing hospitals today. We invite international hospital leaders, medical and information technology companies, the patient advocacy community, public policy makers and government officials to join us for our 8th Annual event in 2020 and be part of this momentous event as we share our plans post-2020. The Summit featured keynote addresses from public figures, patient safety experts and plenary sessions with healthcare luminaries, and patient advocates, as well as announcements from organizations who have made their own commitments to reach the Patient Safety Movement Foundation’s goal of ZERO preventable deaths by 2020.
SimGHOSTS Hands-on Simulation Technology Conferences
=Join hundreds of Simulation Champions from around the world at our annual international hands-on training events! The “Gathering of Healthcare Simulation Technology Specialists” which will be operating in its eighth year as a US-based non-profit 501(c)3 organization based out of Las Vegas, Nevada. SimGHOSTS events provide a meeting place for you to exchange ideas and network with technical peers as well as receive specialized training in the design, selection and application of healthcare simulation technologies. You will also have opportunities to meet with simulation-based vendors to engage with the latest in healthcare education technology.
SimGHOSTS 2020 Annual Global Symposium
One Day SimGHOSTS-X Event
April 3rd, UTHSC Memphis, Tennessee
Society in Europe for Simulation Applied to Medicine (SESAM) Annual Conference
SESAM‘s mission is to encourage and support the use of simulation in healthcare for the purpose of training and research. Join them in Milan, Italy from June 17-19 2020 for SESAM 2020. Discover the latest in healthcare simulation, network with colleagues and make new connections. Visit their industry partners at the exhibition area to find out about the latest advances in Simulation technology, be inspired by world-class speakers and stay ahead with cutting edge simulation research. They look forward to welcoming you to Milan for three days of invaluable learning and discovery!
International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning (INACSL) Conference 2020
June 24-27, 2020
Conference Location: Raleigh Convention Center
The INACSL Conference is a leading forum for simulation aficionados, researchers, and vendors providing the ideal environment to gain and disseminate current, state-of-the-art knowledge in the areas of skills/simulation operations and applications in an evidenced-based venue. Healthcare professionals will have the opportunity to network with colleagues and exhibitors, discuss best practices as relates to competencies, safety, and quality performance indicators, and advance the science of simulation.
CAE’s largest Human Patient Simulation Network conference is back! In 2020 they will be looking for you to join them around the world and in Orlando and share your passion for healthcare education through simulation. No matter your background, no matter your experience, HPSN World never fails to inspire. Choose from over 100 sessions on simulation-based learning and earn CEUs. Enjoy the stimulating keynote presentations and interactive special events. Select from a range of pre-conference training courses. Be the first to experience exciting new methodologies and technologies. Collaborate and connect with a truly global medical simulation community, and more!
(Various Dates Throughout 2020)
By UPMC WISER, UM GCRME, and UH SimTiki
These 3-day internationally renowned workshop programs, created in collaborative effort between WISER at the University of Pittsburgh and the Gordon Center for Research in Medical Education at the University of Miami, is designed as an introduction to fundamental skills and abilities for delivering simulation-based healthcare education through a variety of techniques and technologies. The program emphasizes hands-on activities and active participation to maximize simulation-based instruction skill acquisition. Class group sizes are kept small to allow for maximum participation. The primary audience for this course are healthcare educators wishing to improve their skills as instructors in simulation education.
SimONE SIM Expo
Toronto, Canada – October 19th – 20th
Join Canada’s passionate, interprofessional healthcare simulation community and world-leading experts at the 2020 SIM Expo! SIM Expo continues to be the largest interprofessional and multidisciplinary simulation conference in Canada and they are excited to bring it to Toronto for 2020! Each year, the SIM Expo brings together healthcare leaders in university, college, hospital, emergency services, and community care sectors. Their participants are deans, administrators, educators, clinicians, SIM centre managers and directors, and researchers from all health professions. Most participants are Canadian but it is an open conference and each year they are honored to host some international participants.
Association for Simulated Practice in Healthcare (ASPiH UK) Annual Conference
November 9th – 11th in Birmingham, England
ASPiH is a not-for-profit membership Association comprising of members drawn from healthcare, education and patient safety backgrounds including researchers, learning technologists, workforce development or education managers, administrators, and healthcare staff and students. All have a genuine interest in new and innovative methods of learning, as well as optimizing the use of existing simulation resources within their practice. Their membership bridges undergraduate and pre- registration education as well as postgraduate and post registration training and on-going CPD for all of the health and social care workforce. This annual event is the premiere UK-based event for all things clinical simulation!
2020 Medical Simulation Conferences
General Conference Listings:
- Operational Medicine Symposium – January 22-23 at Parma Payne Goodall Alumni Center in San Diego, CA
- International Meeting for Simulation in Healthcare – January 18-22 in San Diego, California
- 5th Pediatric Simulation Training and Research Society of India (PediSTARS) Conference – February 6-11 in Chennai, India
- Dutch Society for Simulation in Healthcare (DSSH) Congress – March 18 in Maastricht, Netherlands
- Virtual Reality and Healthcare Symposium – March 2-3 in Nashville, Tennessee
- Patient Safety Movement Foundation’s Annual World Patient Safety, Science & Technology Summit – March 5-7 in Huntington Beach, California
- George Washington University Healthcare Simulation Conference 2020 – March 19-20 in Ashburn, VA
- Virtual Medicine at Cedars-Sinai – March 25-26 in Los Angeles, California
- Tennessee Simulation Alliance Conference – Dates & Location TBA
- 8º Congreso Nacional Sociedad Española de Simulación Clínica y Seguridad del Paciente – 26-28 Marzo in Granada Spain
- SimGHOSTS-X One Day Event – April 3rd, UTHSC Memphis, Tennessee
- Simulation in Rural Healthcare Conference (SIRH) – April 22-23 in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- International Pediatric Society for Simulation (IPSS) Symposium – April 26-29 in St. Petersburg, Florida
- University of Delaware Simulated Participant Conference – May 14-15 in Newark, Delaware
- IHI Patient Safety Congress – May 13-15 in Orlando, Florida
- National Forum on Simulation for Quality & Safety – May 29th in Halifax, Canada
- Association of Standardized Patient Educators Annual Conference (ASPE) – June 7-10 in Portland, Oregon
- Scottish Healthcare Skills Network Conference – June 9-10 in Inverness, Scotland
- Society in Europe for Simulation Applied to Medicine (SESAM) Annual Conference – June 17-19 in Milan, Italy
- International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation & Learning (INACSL) Conference – June 24-27 in Raleigh, North Carolina
- CALSIM 2020 Inaugural Simulation Conference – June 27-28 at Cedars Sinai in Los Angeles, CA
- UK Patient Safety Congress – July 13-14 in Manchester Central, United Kingdom
- SimGHOSTS 2020 Annual Global Symposium – August 4-7 at Baylor University in Dallas, Texas
- International Society for Quality in Health Care – August 30 – September 2nd, in Florence Italy
- SimONE SIM Expo – October 19th – 20th in Toronto, Canada
- Association for Simulated Practice in Healthcare (ASPiH UK) Annual Conference – November 9th – 11th in Birmingham, England
- Laerdal Simulation User Network (SUN) Regional Conferences – Various Dates & Locations
The following sim conferences are biennial and will return in 2021:
- Congreso Federación Latinoamericana de Simulación Clínica y Seguridad del Paciente
- STARS: Simulation and Training for Resilience and Safety (Multiple Industries)
- SESAM/SimGHOSTS/SingHealth S3 Singapore Conference
- Australasian Simulation Congress (Multiple Industries)
General Workshop Listings:
- WISER Simulation Center Courses (Administration, Sim Tech Ops, Debriefing, Center Design & More) – Various Dates Throughout the Year
- iSIM Debriefing Course from WISER, SimTiki, and GCRME – March 30-31, May 11-12, September 14-15, November 2-3 (vV
- Moulage Concepts Workshops Around the United States – Various Dates
- Mayo Clinic Instructor Courses (Debriefing Basics, Comprehensive, Development) – Various Dates and Locations
- Simulation Professionals of Texas (SPOT) Connections & Collaborations – Various Dates
- The Debriefing Academy Master Debriefer Course – Various Dates & Locations
- George Washington University Simulation Workshops – Various Dates in Washington D.C.
- Jump Simulation Courses: Instructor, Debriefer and More – Various Dates
- Boston Children’s Hospital: Simulation Courses – Various Dates in Boston, MA
- Colloque simulation en santé – June 10-11 in Joliette, Canada
- Maryland Community & College Simulation Users Network – June 2-3 in Maryland
- RUSH Simulation and Procedural Bootcamp for Emergency Medical Clinicians – March 18-20 and May 18-20 in Chicago, Illoniois
- Level 3 Healthcare Sim Tech Bootcamp April 14-16th, 2020
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and current Chairman of the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.