ASPIH Vendor Video: Immersive Interactive Turns Sim Lab Into Any Environment
Today we begin a week of Vendor Video recaps from 2018’s Association for Simulated Practice in Healthcare (ASPiH) event! Covering the latest innovative medical simulation products from UK based companies, these must see technologies can increase usability and realism in your sim labs immediately, from new scenario development tools and surgical simulators, ASPiH showcased some brand new tech we just had to share through video!
Today we start off with a look at Immersive Interactive, a company which enables you to turn almost any space into an endless number of clinical environments. Think holodeck for healthcare simulation!
Whether transforming classrooms into fully interactive, engaging spaces or providing safe training environments for emergency services that saves money and lives, they can fulfill your requirements. “The end result is an engaging and flexible space which is used to rehearse anything from nightclub incidents to intra-hospital transfers”, shared a representative of St .Georges University Hospital Paramedic Training Department in London.
They are the only company to provide a complete 360-degree solution from initial site survey, to building your simulation environment, to lifetime training and support. Their in-house software allows you to add, create and manage your own content all from a tablet device with ease.
Features & Training Opportunities Include:
- Fully Interactive: Control your simulation room by interacting with every surface and add sounds, smells, wind, fog and other effects.
- Limitless Content: Simulate endless scenarios, from the roadside to the operating theatre, by creating your own content with ease.
- Edit With Ease: Their in-house template based software and fully-integrated system allows you to easily create and edit content.
- Excellent Support: The team commits to be there for you from day one giving you total peace of mind!
These systems are also fantastic for creating immersive learning classrooms outside of simulation in healthcare too – from K-12 to higher education, almost any background or interactive training program can be created. However, for our community, consider these potential applications.
One System, Multiple Disciplines:
- Police: Execute a wide variety of training exercises such as crowd control, dealing with aggressive behavior in a night club or monitoring for pick-pockets on a busy public high street.
- EMS: Provide critical training in deeply immersive environments at the accident site or in the ambulance. Real-time thinking and continuous feedback loops accelerate learning when lives are not at stake.
- Medical: Recreate high-pressure scenarios in the resuscitation bay or operating theatre. Place candidates in high-risk environment and use real-time video playback to assess performance.