Medical Shipment Now Also Distributes Latest Pyxis MedStation ES System for High-Realism Educational Learning
Medical Shipment is now also the sole educational distributor for the latest Pyxis MedStation ES system, an automated medication dispensing system supporting decentralized medication management. Pyxis helps clinicians safely and efficiently dispense medications while offering enterprise-ready integration, and with the educational unit allows for your healthcare learners to practice with real equipment! Medical Shipment is a premium supplier of simulation nursing supplies and equipment who strives to provide extraordinary customer service and value their personal relationships with each customer. Their goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with each order and carries an extensive range of products and services that will fit the needs of all healthcare educational programs. Simulated training can not get more realistic then on actual professional healthcare devices. Learn more by visiting the MedicalShipment.com Pyxis website today!
Customizable information can be entered into console to display on the Pyxis with the additional Console Unit, providing the ability to enter specific names and information to match textbooks or teaching materials. As well, the Console has the capability to connect multiply Pyxis MedStation systems wirelessly. The Console allows educators the ability to enter customized: Patients, Users, Medications, Medication orders, Reporting capability. HealthySimulation.com covered an on-site review of the Pyxis MedStation 4000 at the College of DuPage outside of Chicago which you can watch below, with another video about the ES from Pyxis down further:
Key Features for the Pyxis ES Medication System:
- Simplified caregiving: Efficient, patient-centric clinical workflows guide nurses to medication and patient information in one place.
- Enhanced formulary integration and management: PIS integration can result in one centrally manageable system formulary, supporting standardization, with site-specific adjustability.
- Improved system options: Flexible storage space options support size, scope and capacity needs including storage for larger medications.
- Enhanced safety New safety enhancements help prevent potentially harmful medication errors and adverse drug events.
- Reduced risk: The system sustains uptime while minimizing disruptions, delays and risk of medication error.
- Operational efficiency: Web access enables pharmacists to efficiently manage the system and access operational reports and key metrics.
- Streamlined user management: Integration with Active Directory simplifies system user management.
- Scalability: Common interfacing functionality integrates with the HIT, allowing you to add functionality and devices as needs arise.
- Improved IT: integration and efficiency Supported by the BD Pyxis Enterprise Server, the system helps reduce IT footprint and leverage existing IT investments.
Pyxis MedStation systems have barcode scanning to help ensure accurate medication dispensing and features to prevent loading of the wrong medication and active alerts to provide an added safety precaution for high risk medications. Certainly, the Pyxis MedStation system can help your facility support safe and efficient medication management. The Pyxis is built by CareFusion, a BD company, which serves the health care industry with products and services that help hospitals measurably improve the safety and quality of care.
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Abigail in Las Vegas, Nevada.