Moulage Realism: Telling Patient Stories That Look, Feel, and Smell Like the Real Thing!
October 29, 2020 at 10:00 AM, Pacific Coast Time Zone
Presented by: Bobbie Merica Author, SME
Create Answers to Your Training Challenges: The addition of Moulage creates realistic training scenarios that mimic situational responses and are specialized in training outcomes. Realistic moulage creates a powerful story that engages participants and heightens the training scenario by providing the non-verbal story, that which must be seen, felt, heard, and even smelled. This presentation will enlighten clinical educators as to the benefits of using simulated moulage makeup to increase the level of realism in their patient presentations during medical simulation. Increased realism can help to provide for increased outcomes!
Type of Offering: Webinar
Teaching Method: Lecture with Slide Presentation
- The participant will learn the value of creating scenarios that engages the senses.
- The participant will be able to support established training scenarios through the use of the non-verbal story.
- The participant will understand how to build in time and cost-saving options that support scenario realism.
Suggested Learner Level: Intermediate
Moulage Concepts Inc. CEO and Founder Bobbie Merica, has been the leader in medical moulage since 2009. Upon discovering the absence of moulage specific to a clinical/hospital setting, she developed the first of a series of 3D moulage wounds and training workshop specific to training outcomes in clinical, veteran, police, fire, industrial, veterinary and pre-hospital simulation communities. Her credentials include:
Medical Moulage: How to Make Your Simulations Come Alive, FA Davis 2011
– EMSWorld magazine, “Wound of the Month” Trauma Moulage specialized to the pre-hospital communities
– SimTalk Blog: Discussions in healthcare education from Pocket Nurse
– “Bridging the Gap in Simulation – A Collaboration of Experts” a free Medical Moulage Tutorial Blog
– CPR Certification HQ Expert Columnist
– Carolina Fire Rescue Journal
– Healthy Simulation
2020 Innovation Award Finalist www.Aoifa.org
2018 Innovation Winner for MasterCast Series Pediatric Training Wounds
2015 Innovation Winner for Active Shooter Multi-Agency Response Kit
Homeland Security Exercise Evaluation Program (HSEEP)
Medical Trauma Moulage Expert (SME) Speaker, Innovator
Simulation Coordinator, Technologist & Consultant.
She is currently working on her newest works including Veterinary Moulage Epidemic and TECC based works.
Bobbie is the owner of Moulage Concepts Inc, and Author of Medical Moulage – How to Make Your Simulations Come Alive.