July 9th Webinar: Addressing the 15 Biggest Challenges in Healthcare Simulation Operations
Mark your calendars Sim Champs for July 9th for 2PM EST, 11AM PST for free and awesome webinar where the Level 3 Healthcare team of simulation experts will be discussing the 15 most challenging tasks for simulation technology. Together with the Level 3 Healthcare team, the webinar audience will cover strategies to conquer those challenges. Nationally awarded Level 3 Healthcare is one of the first healthcare educational technology providers with over 22 years of audiovisual installation experience! Be sure to sign up to register for this Live Webinar through the link below.
WHEN: Monday, July 9, 2018 | 11:00 am Pacific Daylight Time (GMT-07:00), 2PM Eastern
WHERE: WebEx (Register Through Link Below)
WHAT: 15 Most Challenging Things In Healthcare Simulation & How to Conquer Them
WHO: Level 3 Healthcare’s Experts & YOU!
- David Escobar, EMT, CHSOS: Director of Healthcare Simulation at Level 3 Healthcare
- H. Michael Young, MDiv BBS CHSE: Director of Healthcare Education Strategy and Design
- Steven Scott Atkinson, BA: Simulation Technology & Operations Specialist
7 of the 15 Topics To Be Discussed Include:
- What’s The Technology Needed to Back-up a Video Storage Policy? Here the team will consider the challenges of maintaining crucial security while providing necessary access to students and faculty for remote learning needs.
- Equipment Needs Identification, What Are The Learning Objectives? All too often the wrong equipment is selected for the learning objectives involved. This causes misuse of expensive capital equipment and unnecessary staff time to setup, tear-down, and maintain. How do we solve this?
- What’s the Ideal Simulation Technology Specialist Background? Is IT more important than medical knowledge? What do Sim Techs need to know, where can you find them and train them up?
- Purchasing Dilemmas, How Do You Know What You Don’t Know? What key areas are important to really understand when making capital equipment purchases for your sim labs — and what resources exist to help you know what’s what?
- “On the Fly” vs. “Pre-Programmed” – What’s Better and Why? Is this a recipe for unknown outcomes and useless data? What is really at stake with how we deliver simulator activity in simulation?
- What is the Root Cause of a Failure, How Do We Improve Our Sim? Understanding root causes of common problems through analysis can help us to make changes for next time. Are “debrief the debriefer” meetings necessary for the Sim Tech staff?
- How do we Demonstrate Simulation’s Value Beyond Happy Learners? Why is data collection so important and what stories can it help our team tell our faculty educators and administrators about our value add?
About Level 3 Healthcare
Level 3 Healthcare is a customer focused group of medical engineers trained in the process of integrating current audiovisual technology to medical work spaces, clinical training centers and simulation labs.
Level 3 Healthcare provides advanced multimedia solutions in OR’s, ER’s, ED’s and medical education centers. This healthcare engineering group has pioneered designs in large anatomy labs, dental training facilities, telehealth initiatives, live HD video distribution, 3-D surgical theaters, recording, archiving, content management and video media retrieval systems.
Level 3 Healthcare’s core competency is integrating the myriad of medical, simulation, broadcast and professional technology into a seamless, easy to use system, curriculum or application. Their approach is to work directly with their clients to understand their needs and curriculum and apply technology to improve efficiency, work flow and learning.
Examples of Level 3 Healthcare’s applications include:
- Intraoperative surgical suites
- Digital O.R.’s
- Nursing simulation centers
- Procedure rooms
- 3-D visualization facilities
- Clinical AV networks
- Campus-wide central recording systems
- Telemedicine video conferencing initiatives for collaboration and critical decision making.
Other Recent Helpful Topics from the Level 3 Healthcare Blog:
- 4 Ways Simulation Technicians Add Value To Your Organization
- 7 Reasons to Standardize Your Simulation Technology
- Meet Scott Atkinson, L3HC’s New Simulation Technology Operations Specialist
- Level 3 Healthcare Announces New Director of Healthcare Simulation
- Introducing Pulse IDM, A 24/7 SIMStation Monitoring Option