Standardized Patient Educator/Trainer
at Pace University
Pace University is ranked the #1 private, four-year college in the nation for upward economic mobility by Harvard University’s Opportunity Insights, evidence of the transformative education the University provides. Our College of Health Professions is currently seeking a Standardized Patient Educator/Trainer for our downtown Manhattan campus.
The College of Health Professions seeks to fill the position of Standardized Patient Educator/Trainer for its Center of Excellence in Healthcare Simulation (CEHS). The CEHS has locations on two campuses, New York City (NYC) and Pleasantville (PLV). The Center offers various immersive learning experiences, including manikin-based simulation, partial-task training, and standardized patient exercises. Current academic programs include Physician Assistant, Nursing (RN), Graduate Nursing, Speech and Language Pathology, Occupational Therapy, and Nutrition. Under the direction of the Center Director, the SP Educator will recruit, interview, and make hiring recommendations regarding prospective standardized patients.
This is a 12-month staff position with cross-campus responsibilities. The individual provides leadership and positively contributes to the overall quality of the CEHS, leading others in the design, implementation, and use of standardized patients in all programs while collaborating effectively with all team members. The individual provides support to the Director for strategic planning to achieve initial accreditation of the CEHS, and once achieved, ensure the maintenance of accredited status.
- Recruits and assists in supervising standardized patients (SPs) providing initial and ongoing training, assignment of work, and quality assessments.
- Monitors all SP exercises for SP portrayal and documentation accuracy.
- Conducts SP and participant orientations.
- Supervises the training of all standardized patients in all aspects of case portrayal, checklist items, physical exam procedures, and exam operations.
- Prepares and updates all material for each standardized patient encounter, such as assignments, scenarios, checklists, handouts, evaluations, and schedules.
- Assists Center Director and faculty with case and script development.
- Gives ongoing feedback to SPs on performance and remediates performance as necessary.
- Collects and analyzes SP training and performance data on an annual basis.
- Maintains database of the case, materials, and assessment tools.
- Keeps current on the educational theory and practice of the use of SPs in simulation and health care education.
- Manages the J Associate training program.
- Develops and maintains accreditation reports and associated documents.
- Fosters positive relationships with schools/departments within the College of Health Professions and assists faculty with the planning and execution of SP simulation activities.
- Assists in proper set-up and breakdown of other scheduled activities in the laboratory as needed.
- Maintains proficiency in technology and keeps apprised of emerging simulation techniques and technologies.
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
- BS/BA degree in a health care field, education, or management.
- Prior standardized patient training experience preferred, preferably at a health profession’s school.
- General simulation experience and digital audiovisual system assessment systems (Bline, Sim IQ, CAE), preferred.
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude is critical to success in the role, as well a strong commitment to teamwork.
- A commitment to diversity, equity, inclusiveness, and sensitivity to the needs of a diverse student population.
- Professionalism (attitude, and work ethic), integrity, and sensitivity to the needs of a diverse student population are required attributes.
- Experience in simulation lab accreditation processes preferred.
- CHSE or CHSOS certifications and/or willingness to obtain.
Please apply at: https://careers.pace.edu/postings/21785
About Pace University
Ranked in the top 9% of private US colleges that provide the best return on tuition investment, Pace University transforms the lives of its diverse students—academically, professionally, and socioeconomically. Currently, the University enrolls more than 13,000 students in more than 150 bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs. Pace University is at the forefront of creating opportunity. Through the convergence of strong academics, experiential learning, and dedicated advising, Pace University empowers its students and positively impacts its communities.
Pace University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and people of all gender identities are encouraged to apply.
Annual Security Report Notice
Pace is committed to ensuring the safety and security of the students, faculty, staff and visitors to the University. In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University’s Safety and Security department publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report contains information on security policies as well as crime and fire statistics for the University.
Job Link: https://careers.pace.edu/postings/21785