Simulation Technology Specialist for UW Nursing
As a UW employee, you have a unique opportunity to change lives on our campuses, in our state and around the world. UW employees offer their boundless energy, creative problem solving skills and dedication to build stronger minds and a healthier world.
UW faculty and staff also enjoy outstanding benefits, professional growth opportunities and unique resources in an environment noted for diversity, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits and natural beauty. All of which has allowed the UW to be nationally recognized as a “Great College to Work For” for four consecutive years.
The School of Nursing has an outstanding opportunity for a Simulation Technology Specialist. This position is responsible for facilitating the successful daily technology-related operations of the School of Nursing (SoN) Simulation Center. This position reports to the SoN Director of Learning and Information Technologies as part of a larger team of IT and media professionals. Based in the Simulation Center, this role supports the use of instructional and simulation technology within the Simulation Center, including facilitating curriculum delivery with appropriate instructional, simulation and AV technology. This position additionally reviews the equipment and supply needs for simulation, maintains simulators and coordinates repair by appropriate parties.
The Simulation Technology Specialist will support Simulation Center educators and SON Faculty in the planning and delivery of instructional activities while additionally coordinating volunteers and/or standardized patients when appropriate.
CENE provides students from units across the UW campus with the opportunity to translate theoretical knowledge into a safe clinical experience using realistic patient scenarios. The CENE provides students with simulated “real-life” experiences, enhancing their confidence and providing real-time human and technological feedback about the development of their practice assessment and diagnostic skills. This position is integral to the Center's success and vital to the School's mission and strategic goals in educating nursing professionals [on improving the quality and safety of patient care to achieve the best possible outcome] for the citizens of the State of Washington and preparing future leaders to improve health.
• Works collaboratively with the Director of Clinical Simulation, SON Faculty and Simulation Center colleagues to program appropriate scenarios and physiological responses, creating a realistic and safe environment to address SoN program goals and specifications while adhering to recognized simulation standards.
• Assist instructors and/or faculty with delivery of curriculum including practicing scenarios prior to a formal course
• Operates of video recording system, SimIQ or comparable system for use in instructional recording and debriefing sessions while training and supporting others in its use.
• Supports/assists in role-playing applications, props placement, and moulage set-up to create a virtual healthcare setting.
• Remains current with research and trends in health sciences simulation, learning science and instructional technologies.
• The Simulation Technology Specialist will additionally support tours and simulation sessions for internal/external groups and/or individuals.
• General maintenance and operation of simulation equipment and related laboratory equipment, including technical troubleshooting or arranging for service as needed.
• Assisting colleagues with set up and take down of equipment, lab preparation and safety inspections as needed for instructional activities.
• Maintains inventory and records of supplies and equipment as needed for simulation.
• Adheres to all protocols set in place by the Director of the Simulation Center and Director of Clinical Simulation.
• Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
For detailed information on Benefits for this position click here.
Bachelor's Degree in education, technology, health science and/or a related field required
• Three (3) years of professional experience with learning technology, instructional design and the support of faculty.
• Familiarity with pedagogical framework for effective educational simulation and a demonstrated knowledge of effective teaching, curriculum design and adult learning
• Proficiency with a variety of learning, instructional and collaborative technologies, as well as related systems and hardware: desktop computers, monitors, mobile devices, video cameras, microphones, and other similar technology.
• Demonstrated ability to consult and interact with a wide range of colleagues, faculty and stakeholders. Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to present instructional content in a group setting. Maintaining positive working relationships with a professional demeanor and strong customer service focus is required.
• Ability to work independently, exercise good judgement, prioritize work and use initiative. Demonstrated effective communication/interpersonal skills. Should be comfortable in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
• Demonstrated ability to plan and manage projects to meet multiple deadlines with adequate attention to quality, project/task follow-through, dependability, and detail. Must possess strong organizational skills with the ability to first identify and prioritize issues and then design and implement solutions in a collaborative approach.
• This is an over-time exempt, non-union position under the Professional Staff rules and standards of the University of Washington and may require some evening and weekend hours to accommodate scheduled labs and special events within the Simulation Center.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Knowledge and understanding of proper lab procedures
Master's Degree in education, technology, health science and/or a related field.
• Prior experience in health care training and/or instruction.
• Prior experience in a higher education environment
• Certified Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialist (CHSOS), BLS Certification
TO APPLY: CLICK THIS LINK