Simulation Tech Senior
at Inova Health System
What We Have to Offer YOU!
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Savings and Spending Accounts (HAS/FSA)
- Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability
- Inova Compassion Fund: Team members budgeted at least 0.5 FTE are eligible for assistance from the Inova Compassion Fund. The Fund is sustained solely by philanthropic donations made by team members and established specifically to provide financial assistance during times of need.
- Retirement Savings Plan: Inova makes a matching contribution on the first 5% of pay you contribute
- Time Away Programs: You earn or “accrue” PTO on an hourly basis during the calendar year, beginning with your first hour of work. Holidays: New Year’s Day, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day
- Voluntary Benefits: Auto/Home Insurance discounts, Pet Insurance & Pet Care Discount Program, Identity Theft Protection, Legal Services
- Other Benefits & Discounts: Commuter Benefits, Back-up Child and Elder Care, Adoption Assistance Plan, Credit Union, Team Member Purchasing Program
Inova Fairfax Medical Campus is currently seeking a Full-time Senior Simulation Technician to support the Inova Center for Advanced Medical Simulation (ICAMS).
The successful incumbent will integrate, maintain and operate the simulation computer and audio/visual technology, including the mannequins and the surrounding equipment. Other responsibilities will include troubleshooting any malfunctions in low-fidelity and high-fidelity medical simulation training and audio/visual equipment, ensure the equipment is appropriately inventoried and maintained, as well as assists in the day-to-day operation of the Inova Center for Advanced Medical Simulation (ICAMS).
This is a FT, Monday through Friday position, with hours between 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM.
- Ensures that simulation equipment is in working order, routine maintenance is performed and that appropriate maintenance contracts are maintained.
- Assists with the ordering and stocking of laboratory supplies.
- Smoothly operates basic and networked audio/visual equipment to record and playback scenarios for debriefing, documentation and research purposes.
- Coordinates and manages Information Technology assets of the Inova Center for Advanced Medical Simulation
- Works with the ICAMS team and faculty to prepare, plan and create realistic simulation sessions.
- Assists in the setup, delivery and take down of simulation education sessions.
- Showcases familiarity with various modalities of simulation education principles.
- Teaches and instructs faculty, staff and students on the use of simulation equipment.
This is a FT, Monday through Friday position, with hours between 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field OR eight years of education/experience in clinical simulations and/or information technology in lieu of degree.
One – two years of medical simulation experience OR two – five years of clinical experience.
Two – five years of experience in the clinical environment. Budget and inventory experience
Technology savvy. Excellent computer, organization and customer service skills. Proficient with PC and MAC operations. Proven problem-solving skills.
Our commitment to keeping patient’s safe means there’s no safer place for you to work. We safeguard our patients, by safeguarding our team members.
Inova is well stocked with the best and latest PPE
- Masks are provided to patients entering our buildings, and offered free to visitors
- Covid-19 patients are isolated in dedicated areas
- Inova operates curbside Covid-19 testing sites that are far removed from the main facilities
- All team members are trained in the latest screening guidelines
Inova is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Job Link: https://elar.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/requisitions/preview/612117/?keyword=612117&mode=location