Simulation Specialist at Maine Medical Center
Simulation Specialist at Maine Medical Center in Portland, ME. Full Time, Days & Relocation assistance available!
Maine Medical Center is seeking a Simulation Specialist in Portland. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Simulation Specialist to join Maine Medical Center’s Hannaford Center for Safety, Innovation & Simulation. MMC, the largest in the MaineHealth system currently undergoing a large expansion, is a unique academic teaching hospital. Maine Medical Center has simulation programming targeting residents and fellows in more than 20 graduate medical education programs, medical students from Tufts University School of Medicine, interprofessional clinical teams from multiple service lines throughout MMC and MaineHealth and systems testing and interprofessional team training.
The Simulation Center conducts more than 500 events annually, providing more than 15,000 learner contact hours of simulation education each year. One of four Simulation Specialists on a staff of 13, this position will support a variety of events using the modalities such as high-fidelity manikins, standardized patients, task and virtual trainers, hybrid, and in-situ.
- Delivering highly realistic simulated clinical scenarios
- Ensuring simulation equipment functionality aligns with stated scenario objectives
- Collaborating with faculty before and after scenarios to revise templates and ensure quality
- Preparing room set-ups and necessary manikin moulage and props in advance of scenarios
- Providing active patient voice and programming manikins during scenarios
- Transporting and setting up equipment for in-situ scenarios
- Ensuring scheduled or unscheduled repair and maintenance of simulation equipment is completed
- Collaborating with Simulation Specialists, Systems Analyst, IS department, or vendors to troubleshoot AV and simulation equipment
- Assisting with Simulation Center’s research efforts
- Serving as an instructor in faculty development activities
- Supporting innovation
- 5 years of simulation experience, or 5 years in direct patient care with preference for experience with sophisticated physiologic monitoring devices
- Associate degree or related education.
- Comprehensive knowledge of anatomy and physiology; high degree of comfort with computer technology; high level interpersonal skills to work with clinicians and medical staff at all levels of medical care.
About Maine Medical Center
Maine Medical Center is a complete healthcare resource for the people of greater Portland, the entire state of Maine and Northern New England. With a history dating back to 1864, Maine Medical Center is the state’s largest medical center and the flagship facility of MaineHealth, with 637 beds and more than 7,000 employees. In addition, we have achieved Magnet™ status in recognition of our commitment to the highest standards of nursing excellence. Maine Medical Center’s unique role as both a community hospital and a referral center requires an unparalleled depth and breadth of services, including the state’s only medical school, through a partnership with Tufts University School of Medicine, and a world-class biomedical research center, the Maine Medical Center Research Institute.
Inside and out, you’ll find what you’re looking for when you join Maine Medical Center. As the largest hospital in northern New England, MMC is committed to helping you grow professionally throughout your career. From tuition assistance and scholarships, to ongoing education, leadership training, mentoring and promotion opportunities, we offer the resources you need to achieve your career goals.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.