The SALUS Group, Inc. is seeking a Simulation Operator/Technician to facilitate medical simulation training at the U.S. Air Force School of Aerospace Medicine (USAFSAM), Wright Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. The candidate will join our diverse team of dedicated, customer-focused simulation professionals and work in an exciting, fast-paced and highly successful company.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Operate and perform basic maintenance of part-task trainers, manikin- based simulators and surgical simulators.
• Contribute to the design, development, testing, and implementation of training materials and scenarios.
• Set-up simulation supplies and equipment in support of training scenarios targeted to meet identified learning objectives.
• Operate simulation equipment, task trainers, computerized simulators, and virtual reality procedural trainers individually or in combination with the ability to follow legitimate medical aspects of scenarios, and make appropriate adjustments based on participant actions or inactions.
• Facilitate simulation training using approved training scenarios and provide feedback on improvements.
• Operate, maintain, and debrief simulation-related audio-video recording systems.
• Create troubleshooting documents, simulator checklists, and simulation lesson plans/scenarios for simulation equipment.
• Assist simulation sites with train-the-trainer activities and basic equipment troubleshooting for the purpose of training new simulation staff.
• Provide oversight of all simulation encounters to include after action reports and any identified metrics of simulation training.
• Perform duties as the technical trainer and resource liaison in activities related to simulation operations.
• Physical stamina to occasionally move the equipment, lift some of the simulators, and use of load and unload medical equipment on and off carts and into mobile vans. Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
• Associates Degree or Technical Certification in a Computer Technology field (e.g. hardware, networking, helpdesk, etc.)
• Three to five years of experience in the medical or military medical field or 2 years experience with the operation of patient simulation equipment.
• Experience working with a variety of medical simulation platforms (i.e. CAE, Laerdal, Gaumard, KGS, SynDaver/Syn Tissue, MOES) or capacity to be trained to achieve competency on equipment.
• Ability to obtain a government security clearance.
• Ability to obtain Common Access Card (CAC) is required.
• U.S. Citizenship required.
• Knowledge of military air evacuations and En Route Care is preferred.
• A background in the evaluation of education/training and an understanding of the clinical environment and healthcare outcomes.
• Excellent written and oral communication, organization, and prioritization skills required with a high level of accuracy and discretion essential.
• Sound analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
• Team player with the ability to multi-task.
• Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
The SALUS Group, Inc. (SALUS) is a service-disabled veteran owned small business headquartered in San Antonio, Texas specializing in Healthcare education, and Systems Engineering for entire lifecycle of Medical Simulation Programs: Management, Training and Technology. We provide turnkey as well as customized development and use of advanced learning technologies and educational methodologies to enhance medical education and training for graduate education, healthcare teams and patients, with the goal of improving healthcare outcomes. We build innovative learning experiences and content scenarios, integrate multimodal simulation technologies, and implement assessment strategies that are tailored to achieve competency and the educational objectives of the learner. Our team of educators have an average of 20 years experience delivering competency-based simulation training and educational assessments for medical education spanning all learner levels and environments of care: doctors, nurses, and allied health, from outpatient clinic to level 1 trauma center and combat operations.
SALUS understands that our employees are our most valuable assets, and the delivery of exceptional customer-focused service is the main reason for our success. For more information, please visit our website at: www.thesalusgrp.com. The SALUS Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that values diversity at all levels.