Simulation Operations Specialist
The Simulation Operations Specialist (Oper Spec) is responsible for assisting the Director of Simulation and supporting faculty with the delivery of simulation based education. The Oper Spec reports to the Vice Provost of Health Affairs. The Oper Spec is responsible for providing technical support for simulation education at Lipscomb University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: 1) organization of the simulation center and other simulation areas; 2) maintenance, basic repair and operation of simulation equipment; and 3) the set-up and clean-up of simulation exercises. Additional duties and responsibilities are provided below:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Maintain organization of the Simulation Center and associated areas.
- Ensure the facility, equipment, and supplies are set up and optimized for all simulation based education (e.g. patient simulators, task trainers, standardized patients, etc.).
- Serve as by programming, testing and running scenarios with faculty instructors, ensuring that the facility and equipment are set up for teaching sessions.
- Provide technical assistance and support to faculty on capabilities and limitations of equipment and facilities to meet curriculum needs.
- Demonstrates competency in the use and operation of different simulation technologies.
- Provide technical support for computer based multimedia systems and their components, including operation of digital cameras, video cameras, audio/video mixer, digital/analog converter, monitors, LCD projectors, anesthesia machines and other equipment.
- Serve as primary contact with equipment manufacturers regarding equipment troubleshooting and systems problems; maintain record of repairs.
- Perform routine equipment maintenance, inventory updates and equipment purchases.
- Install software and hardware upgrades and maintain functionality of manikin components as directed by manufacturer support.
- Coordinate preventative maintenance of equipment according to manufacturer's recommendations to ensure that equipment is operational.
- Assist with delivery of faculty and staff development related to simulation education.
- Participate in technical training and/or attend professional development as necessary to stay current with simulation technology and methodology.
- Assist with other special projects or initiatives as identified and/or needed.
- Perform other duties or responsibilities determined to be appropriate for this position.
- Assist in scheduling simulation exercises and other events within the simulation center.
- Comply with all policies, procedures, regulations, and other communicated requirements.
- Education minimum - bachelor's degree (bachelor's degree in health care, engineering, or technology related field is preferred)
- Experience minimum - one year experience in healthcare, engineering, or technology related field
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills
- Organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Computer skills in both PC and Mac; experience with Microsoft Office software
- Ability to learn additional software programs and new/emerging technologies.
- Ability to explain technical information clearly and concisely to non-technical personnel.
- Physical ability to lift, move, and set-up computer, simulation, and other lab equipment weighing up to 50-lbs without assistance.