Simulation Operations Specialist
at Cape Fear Valley Health System
CAPE FEAR VALLEY HEALTH SYSTEM
TITLE: Simulation Operations Specialist POSITION CODE:
DEPARTMENT: Training and Development
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Manger Simulation Operations, the Simulation Operations Specialist will provide technical and mechanical support for the hospital simulation center. Occasional (or regular) evening or weekend shifts may be required
Responsible to: Manger Simulation Operations
Nature of supervision received:
Nature of supervision given:
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS:
The following is a summary of the major essential functions of the job. The incumbent may perform other duties, both major and
- Maintains current knowledge of simulation/lab equipment catalogs and operation manuals.
- Programs simulator software to model the simulator's physiological response to instructor specifications.
- Operates patient simulators and cameras for the duration of simulations.
- Operates and maintains audio-visual and debriefing systems.
- Sets up and takes down simulation laboratory equipment. o May involve rapid turnover of simulation lab set up.
- Maintains and repairs all simulation equipment, including Mannikins, computers, monitors, and a variety of medical equipment. Troubleshoots equipment malfunctions and contacts vendors as needed.
- Collaborates with Manger to organize, maintain and restock skills lab and simulation laboratory supplies.
- Provides technical support for task trainers and multimedia peripherals including Beds/examination tables, headwalls, patient monitors, and other health care equipment; Medication dispensing systems and Vital sign monitors
- Provides theatrical production (costuming and moulage) for simulation scenarios as requested. Mixes fake body fluids and creates wounds.
- Provides technical assistance, support and training to providers and staff in use of simulation equipment.
- Collects data for ongoing research or grant requirements.
- Sets up and maintains surgical/procedural simulators
- Sets up and maintains computer-based training programs
- Maintains simulation activities and learner confidentiality.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND FORMAL TRAINING:
- BS degree in a related healthcare field such as Nursing, Respiratory Therapy with 2 years related experience is required, or will consider AA/AS degree in a related healthcare field such as Nursing, RRT, or Paramedic with at least 5 years related experience.
- Combination of education, training, and/or experience which can be demonstrated to result in possession of the qualifications necessary to perform the duties of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) to interact with and work effectively.
- Experience with providing technical support in networking, computer hardware, or software.
- Skills in operating a PC and Mac with experience in MS Office and the ability to learn additional software programs, including audiovisual and computerized simulation equipment.
- Knowledge of operation of standard audio-visual equipment: projectors, microphones, portable screens, media players, etc.
- Mechanical skills to competently maintain and use equipment in the simulation center.
- Organizational and time management skills to keep materials in order, track various projects, maintain files, and follow through on assignments to completion.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to quickly learn new technology.
- Ability to express technical information clearly and simply to non-technical persons. • Availability to work evenings/weekends
- Must be able to work in a stationary position
- Must be able to lift materials weighing up to 50 lbs to and from overhead locations
- Must be able to operate, prepare, inspect, and repair equipment
Job Link: https://capefearvalley.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/CFV/job/Fayetteville-NC/Simulation-Operations-Specialist_23870