Simulation Medical Director – Maine Medical Center
Maine Medical Center's Hannaford Center for Safety, Innovation & Simulation (the "Sim Center") is seeking a Simulation Medical Director (part time). This rewarding and unique position helps plan and guide the development and implementation of simulation-enhanced education for our facilities at Brighton Medical Center and Maine Medical Center, as well as rural outreach initiatives (e.g. mobile simulation van). The Sim Center complements our unique education opportunities by allowing medical students, residents, and practicing clinicians to practice technical skills and interprofessional communication and teamwork on a variety of manikins, task trainers, and/or Standardized Patients. The 18,000-square foot center includes an three high-fidelity patient rooms (including Med-Surg, OR, and Trauma/ICU), 2 skills labs, and an SP lab, in which staff and faculty work collaboratively to deliver immersive learning experiences for learners in a safe environment.
The Simulation Medical Director, as a part of the Department of Medical Education senior leadership team, will strategize new uses for simulation education and research within the system. The Simulation Medical Director will be a proven leader who is a visionary and can function as a change agent in creating a culture of simulation within the system. This role will also be responsible for staff & faculty development, strategic planning, and, in partnership with the Operations Manager, fiscal long-range planning for the Sim Center. The incumbent will join an accomplished and exciting hospital system that is a true influencer in the healthcare community. This position will be reporting directly to the VP for Medical Education, and will provide overall direction of the Sim Center and its programs.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Licensing: medical license in Maine
- Meet criteria for membership on the MMC medical staff
- Current faculty appointment at the Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor level
- Desired experience and qualifications:
- 3-5 years of simulation-based experience at the undergraduate, graduate, and/or continuing professional level
- Demonstrated leadership, analytical, and problem-solving abilities
- Advanced educational training preferred (e.g., simulation fellowship; Master’s in Education)
- Evidence of scholarship contributions related to medical education and/or simulation
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of an organization and/or healthcare system
- Familiarity with the use of simulation equipment