Simulation Lab Operations Technician
at Pacific Lutheran University
Hiring Range: $21.82-$24.74 per hour, with excellent benefits.
Department: School of Nursing
Work Schedule: FT: Monday-Friday. Schedule varies and may be scheduled between the hours of 6 am- 8 pm. Occasional evening or weekend shifts may be required.
Incumbent will assist with medical simulation equipment and clinical skills set-up, take-down, use, and maintenance, including PCs, Audio/Video, with other associated equipment. Other duties will include providing technical support for simulation manikins, software, task trainers and all associated equipment. Provide direct support to faculty and/or outside affiliates for simulation or skill sessions, collaborate with potential users to ensure safe and effective use of equipment, set-up equipment for simulation sessions, operate simulators and equipment during sessions, and provide feedback to faculty and clinical skills staff as needed. Reports to the Simulation Operations Specialist.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Collaborates with the Simulation Director, Simulation Operations Specialist and Clinical faculty to support healthcare students and professionals to achieve clinical learning, in a simulated patient care environment.
• Assists faculty in the development, testing, and implementation of detailed clinically based scenarios.
• Responsible for proper setup, reset, operation, breakdown, storage and technical support of simulation system, computers, manikins, and supplies.
• Conducts preventative maintenance checks and services of simulation equipment while adhering to all established protocols.
• Maintains and improves current knowledge of simulation software, equipment, supplies, media, computers, and materials related to simulation learning.
• Provides support and assistance to clinical faculty and students conducting Objective Standardized Clinical Encounters (OSCEs) and examination room interactions with standardized patients.
• Collects data for ongoing research or grant requirements.
• Maintains simulation activity and learner confidentiality.
• Provides theatrical production (costuming & Moulage) for simulation scenarios as requested.
• Collaborates with IT services and simulation system vendors to identify, isolate simulation, system, and network-related issues. Follows up on ticket resolutions.
• Installs software updates on computers and maintains manikin components as directed by manufacturer support.
• Provides technical operational support for all systems and equipment related to simulation and exam rooms.
• Documents technical processes and support needed for simulations.
• Trains others on setup instructions for simulations and clinical skills.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Knowledge of/familiarity with PC and MAC platforms with skill in MS Office and the ability to learn additional software programs.
• Knowledge of/ability to learn medical terminology and human anatomy/physiology.
• Possess organization and time management skills to keep materials in order, track various projects, maintain files, and follow through assignments to completion.
• Ability to provide technical support in networking, computer hardware, or software.
• Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Ability to apply critical thinking and in the moment problem-solving.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to quickly learn new technology and run technically focused simulation technology.
• 2 years of work experience. Education may substitute for some experience.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Finalist applicants must satisfactorily complete pre-employment background checks.
• Associate’s degree or higher in a related field.
• Experience working with simulation equipment and software.
• Ability to work evenings/weekends.
• Office and simulated clinical setting.
• Occasional lifting, carrying, bending, pushing.
• Significant fine finger dexterity – to use computer, keyboard, system interface and apply moulage.
• Frequent sitting, walking, standing for various periods of time.
• Ability to lift, move, maintain, and set up computer, audio-visual, and simulation lab equipment weight up to 50 pounds without assistance.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Submit your application materials online to apply at: https://employment.plu.edu/postings/7085
At PLU, diversity is intrinsic to the vitality of learning, resilience and growth. PLU is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from members of historically underrepresented and minoritized groups, women, veterans, persons with disabilities, and others who would bring broadly diverse perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds in educational, research or other work activities. PLU offers an excellent benefits package including tuition remission for employees and their dependents, retirement plan, medical, dental, paid vacation, major holidays off, and many other great university benefits. PLU is a qualifying employer under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.
Job Link: https://employment.plu.edu/postings/7085