Simulation Lab Coordinator
at Odessa College
The Coordinator position is an essential part of the Odessa College School of Health Sciences. The Simulation Coordinator is a full-time position responsible for managing interprofessional healthcare simulation, skills laboratory, lab activities and advancing the implementation of simulation to full capacity and innovate new practices of addressing educational needs of the health programs. The Coordinator interacts with faculty, staff and students and cultivates and supports external relationships for promotion of the simulation experiences.
Odessa College will open the doors to a brand-new, state-of-the-art simulation hospital to advance interdisciplinary collaboration and simulation experiences to it’s students in 2024. Come join the team to be an integral part of the Wood Health Science, Medical Center Hospital Simulation Hospital.
Specific Position Duties
1. Provide timely and accurate team and event planning, preparation, organization, and implementation of the simulation rooms, equipment, technology, supplies and other resources for scheduled simulation events. Create and edit detailed set-up and assignment tools for each event with colleagues, staff, faculty and students.
2. Support all participants in use and best practices of simulation equipment. Provide an appropriate orientation to simulators and task trainers, and the simulation software used throughout the simulation spaces. Quality assure all events are ready and on time.
3. Organize and conduct Simulation tours and events for all participants. Presenting and guiding participants through simulation stations, demonstrating and explaining use and value of simulation in experiential, hands-on and engaging manner. May also provide same as initial training to prospective and onboarding staff and faculty. Work closely with clinical leads, program directors and the Dean for the School of Health Sciences to ensure quality and effectiveness.
4. Order, track and maintain equipment and supply levels, including all inventory of the simulation spaces.
5. Serve as the simulation operator and sometimes interprofessional presence running simulation and equipment behind the glass and in the room, at the direction of the clinical leads, program directors and or Dean.
6. Coordinates and maintains simulation and laboratory schedules, supply usage, evaluation data and develops procedures to optimize space utilization.
7. Supervise the safety and security of the laboratories, storage areas and equipment.
8. Manage preventative maintenance and minor repair of medical equipment, media and computer equipment in the simulation spaces; diagnose more serious equipment malfunctions and arrange for repair; arrange for general maintenance and repair simulation facilities.
9. Research and stay abreast of updated, new and or innovative equipment used in simulation.
10. Provides in-service and training for faculty and directors.
11. Stay current on simulation technologies and simulation best practices.
12. Participate in assessment of laboratory and simulation activities.
13. Perform public relation functions including developing promotional materials, providing tours and demonstrations to community partners in collaboration with program directors and dean.
14. Report to the Dean for the School of Health Sciences.
15. Teaching duties as assigned.
16. Travel for simulation certifications and trainings.
17. Other duties as assigned.
Job Link: https://jobs.odessa.edu/postings/8351