at Virginia Commonwealth University - School of Nursing
Mission of SON:
The mission of the School of Nursing is to shape the future of nursing through the power of education, discovery, and collaboration.
General Position Description:
VCU School of Nursing invites applicants to apply for the position of Simulation Educator. This 12-month part-time term (non-tenure earning) faculty position is focused on clinical teaching in the Clinical Learning Center and simulation. This includes serving as a resource for simulation pedagogy and practice, assisting with the facilitation of development and implementation of simulation scenarios in both undergraduate and graduate curricula, and collaborating with the CLC Operations Team on operational aspects of the Clinical Learning Center. This includes the incorporation of evidence-based practice into teaching and clinical simulation activities. The clinical simulation environment is fast-paced and dynamic and requires that the candidate be willing to learn new technologies and skills in clinical simulation as they emerge.
- Engages faculty, students, and staff to foster a diverse community at VCU
- Contributes to development, implementation, and evaluation of the curriculum with an emphasis on the integration of clinical simulation in clinical teaching environment
- Participates in faculty orientation and professional development opportunities related to simulation
- Collaborates with CLC operations team to manage clinical simulation activities
- Collaborates with faculty, staff, and other stakeholders to deliver and implement high quality clinical simulation education
- Translates evidence into teaching to create clinical simulation learning activities that reflect best practices in simulation
- Demonstrates commitment to contributing to VCU’s Quest 2028 (https://quest.vcu.edu/)
- Graduate degree in nursing or related healthcare field
- Licensed as a registered nurse in Virginia
- Current or recent clinical practice experience
- Experience in clinical simulation education
- Recent experience teaching in a clinical or academic setting
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment, or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU.
- Doctoral degree in Nursing or related healthcare field
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) certification
- Familiarity with INACSL Standards, SSH accreditation guidelines, knowledgeable of various teaching and learning styles in the clinical simulation environment
- Expertise with operations of high-fidelity simulators and standardized patients
Position will remain open until filled.
Position Type: Teaching & Research Faculty
Full time equivalent: 0.75
Department: School of Nursing Department of Academic Programs
ORP Eligible: Yes
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Contact Name: Bruna Soria Galvarro
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 804-827-7474
Job Link: https://vcu.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/4672?c=vcu