Simulation Education Specialist
Avkin is an innovative, trend-setting company pushing the bar forward to reduce patient suffering in healthcare through simulation education. We imagine, create, and refine teaching modalities that incorporate simulated participants (live patient actors) and wearable simulators to create the most realistic healthcare scenarios for learners to master therapeutic communication, clinical judgment, and critical thinking. We are the most ambitious simulation company in the industry looking to disrupt the status quo (manikin training). Are you a creative thinker and problem solver that is driven and passionate about patient safety, education, and simulation? Are you looking for a position where there is an opportunity for professional growth? This is a salaried full-time position with an opportunity for remote work. Some travel (15-20%) is required for conferences, quarterly team meetings, and on-site support as needed.
This role functions in the Education Department and an integral part of our Customer Success Team. You will have unique opportunities to provide customer support and educational services with forward-thinking solutions that support simulationists and educators desiring to maximize learning outcomes in a safe setting. Avkin is looking for passionate, innovative, committed team members that are committed to improving provider education and patient outcomes with simulation-based education.
- Assist our customers with creative approaches and solutions that lead to meaningful product integration.
- Leadership and consultative support of new product development and supportive educational services.
- Guide customers through the tech support process
- Serve as the customer success advocate in interdepartmental meetings.
- Provide essential technical and educational support to the internal team and external customers
- Collect associated customer success data for analysis
- Attend regional and national conferences for relationship building (expect 15-20 percent travel)
- Develop/present educational content for webinars, workshops, conferences, etc.
- Create educational content as requested; blog posts, simulations, etc.
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) or CHSE-A (preferred)
- Meet qualifications to obtain CHSE within 6 months of hire (required) (https://www.ssih.org/Certification/CHSE/Handbook)
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Clinical background (Nurse, Paramedic, Respiratory Therapist, etc)
- Clinical educator
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and application
- Simulation background (Simulation technician, simulation specialist, simulation operations specialist)
- Valid driver’s license in good standing required
What's In It for You?
- Competitive Salary
- Tax-deferred 401k through Paychex
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Up to 3 Weeks (15 Days) of vacation (accrues monthly) for the first 2 years, with annual accrual of 2 extra days per full year of service. Vacation capped at 30 days maximum.
- Up to 4 Weeks Paid maternity/paternity leave after 3 full years of employment
- Extensive opportunities for professional development provided by Avkin.
- Avkin is committed to your professional growth. We have robust partnerships to give you all of the talent, skills, and abilities to do your job with excellence and grow professionally.
- Avkin is a high-growth company that prides itself on hiring top talent and supporting their professional growth for advancement within the company. We believe that when you feel valued and supported, Avkin wins!