Simulation Center Technology Specialist & Operator – UConn Health
Under the direction of the Medical Director and the Simulation Center Coordinator, the technology specialist will primarily provide technical support to the UConn Simulation Center for all simulation operations, including preparation, maintenance and repair of computerized mannequins (software and hardware), task trainers and related multimedia peripherals. The job will require flexibility and a variety of other responsibilities as a member of the small simulation center team.
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS OFFERED:
- Industry-leading health insurance options and affordability
- Generous vacation and sick-time plans
- Multi-channel retirement options (pension and match options)
- Tuition waiver and reimbursement for employees and qualified family members
- Quick commute access from I-84, Rte 9 and surrounding areas
- State of the art facility and campus environments
- Progressive leadership and educational development programs available
Duties and Responsibilities
Simulation Technology Management
- Manages all simulation related technology in the simulation center
- Responsible for operation and troubleshooting of all simulation equipment and task trainers and ensures they are cleaned and functioning properly.
- Maintains and supports learning management system to include uploading courses, adding participants, running reports, and providing technical support to LMS users.
- Interacts and coordinates with UConn Health IT departments and other vendors in support of computer operations scheduling.
- Works with technical staff on problem resolution, schedule product installation and upgrades, and other various applications required for operations production.
- Works closely with vendors to ensure simulation software and hardware are operational.
- Researches technology (software, hardware, and AV) in an effort to make the center more efficient.
- Audiovisual operations (digital video / DVR systems) for capture of simulated scenarios with subsequent editing and transfer into PC and Web-friendly archive format. Assistance in development and maintenance of such archival system.
- Operation of computerized mannequins requiring mastery of its operating software, characteristics, and programming. Autonomous operation of basic scenarios and coordinated interaction with other simulation staff during advanced scenarios expected.
- Operate various modalities of simulators, to include Mannequins (examples include: METI, Laerdal, Gaumard), Advanced Task Trainers (examples include: Simbionix, Mentice, SonoSim), and Basic Task Trainers (examples include: Simulab, Limbs & Things, etc.)
- set up and operate the simulator
- update the simulator and software
- install the software and program accordingly
- independently work with the technical support staff.
- Have the capability to program clinical scenarios in LLEAP and run the manikins using the LLEAP platform.
Simulation Center Operations
- Assistance with conceptualization, development, and implementation of high fidelity medical simulation scenarios and courses in a fully-equipped medical simulation center.
- Scheduling and logistic organization of planned simulation courses by communicating with students, resident and attending physicians, and staff from UConn and other hospitals. Assembly of staff with preparation of environment and equipment for planned simulations.
- Participates in simulation computer operator training.
- Interfacing with Hospital Safety, Development, and Public Relations leadership regarding activities of the simulation center. Contact with external simulation experts and centers for activity coordination.
- Tours and orientations of center as needed
Education: Bachelor's degree preferred. Computer science, engineering, communications, and other technical majors preferred. Medical knowledge or certification preferred but not required.
- Ability to prioritize work, anticipate supply and equipment needs, assess equipment failures, and remedy such failures.
- Must be able to communicate with multiple healthcare professions especially medical and dental students.
- Must be able to work well with others and effectively work with a team.
- Ability to work independently and reliably within parameters designated by the director.
- Work does require lifting and moving of manikins and equipment which can weigh 150 lbs.
- Work requires prolonged periods of activity and standing, demonstrating skills
- At least 4 years in technology related field required.
- Video recording/editing and production expertise.
- Knowledge of learning management systems.
- Advanced knowledge and management of healthcare simulation equipment or similar
- Significant background in computer use, setup, troubleshooting, and maintenance required
- Intermediate to advanced computer operations for simulation-control PC and audiovisual PC hardware acquisition and setup, software installation, operating system maintenance, content distribution and backup, and advanced troubleshooting.
- Degree in computer science, engineering, communications and other technical majors.
- Medical knowledge or certification
- Simulation experience
- Expertise in PC and MAC platforms
SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm, with 30-minute meal break.
Why UConn Health
UConn Health is a vibrant, integrated academic medical center that is entering an era of unprecedented growth in all three areas of its mission: academics, research, and clinical care. A commitment to human health and well-being has been of utmost importance to UConn Health since the founding of the University of Connecticut schools of Medicine and Dental Medicine in 1961. Based on a strong foundation of groundbreaking research, first-rate education, and quality clinical care, we have expanded our medical missions over the decades. In just over 50 years, UConn Health has evolved to encompass more research endeavors, to provide more ways to access our superior care, and to innovate both practical medicine and our methods of educating the practitioners of tomorrow.
UConn Health is an affirmative action employer, in addition to an EEO and M/F/V/PWD/PV employer.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at www.ethics.state.ct.us
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/58kd7779wbq2gnzz