Senior Curriculum Development Specialist-SIMPEDS
At Boston Children’s Hospital, the quality of our care – and our inclusive hospital working environment – lies in the diversity of our people. With patients from local communities and 160 countries around the world, we’re committed to reflecting the spectrum of their cultures, while opening doors of opportunity for our team. Here, different talents pursue common goals. Voices are heard and ideas are shared. Join us, and discover how your unique contributions can change lives. Yours included.
The Boston Children's Hospital SIMPEDS mission is to apply state-of-the-art experiential techniques to optimize human-human and human-technology relationships to reduce risk, fear, and anxiety – creating superior quality experiences and outcomes in healthcare.
The Senior Curriculum Development Specialist SIMPEDS will be responsible for:
- Supports the development of simulation curriculum for clinical educators at Boston Children’s Hospital as well as the needs of patients, families, and caregivers.
- Observes and provides feedback to faculty in order to promote continuous improvement and ensure high-quality simulation-based courses.
- Trains and develops faculty throughout the hospital to utilize simulation-based teaching strategies.
To qualify, you must have:
- Bachelor's degree and 4 years of related work experience. Master's preferred.
- Knowledge of educational development theory and practice.
- Analytical, diplomacy, negotiation, problem-solving skills, and flexibility to achieve innovative curricular solutions within a fast-paced and dynamic hospital setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to coordinate with faculty locally, regionally, and abroad and make contributions to the field through publication.
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision, and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
Lance Baily, BA, EMT-B, is the Founder & CEO of HealthySimulation.com, which he started while serving as the Director of the Nevada System of Higher Education’s Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas back in 2010. Lance is also the Founder and acting Advisor to the Board of SimGHOSTS.org, the world’s only non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals operating healthcare simulation technologies. His new co-edited Book: “Comprehensive Healthcare Simulation: Operations, Technology, and Innovative Practice” is available now. Lance’s background also includes serving as a Simulation Technology Specialist for the LA Community College District, EMS fire fighting, Hollywood movie production, rescue diving, and global travel. He lives with his wife Dr. Abigail Baily in Las Vegas, Nevada with their newborn daughter and two crazy dachshunds.