RN-Manager Clinical Simulation
at Eisenhower Health
Located in Southern California, Eisenhower Health is a not-for-profit hospital seeking a RN-Manager Clinical Simulation.
Oversees and manages the day-to-day aspects of the system-wide Clinical Simulation Center to include the preparation, maintenance, inventory and operation of all simulation equipment/supplies, administration of budget and variance management, and supervision of assigned staff. Collaborates with educators, faculty, staff, students, and vendors to design, plan, implement and schedule simulation activities. The manager ensures adherence to program policies, outcomes and current simulation best practice and safety measures. Leads all efforts to achieve and maintain Society for Simulation in Healthcare Accreditation (SSH Accreditation) from the Society for Simulation in Healthcare Certification Council.
RN-Manager Clinical Simulation must meet the following qualifications:
- Required: BSN
- Preferred: MSN or higher degree
- Required: California RN License; Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) or will obtain within 12 months of hire; Instructor BLS, ACLS, PALS
- Required: Two (2) years of experience in clinical nursing practice in an acute care setting; three (3) years of combined nursing education/leadership experience in healthcare simulation.
- Essential Responsibilities
- Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations
- Ensures the Society for Simulation in Healthcare Accreditation standards are continuously met.
- Leads all efforts to achieve and maintain Society for Simulation in Healthcare Accreditation (SSH Accreditation) from the Society for Simulation in Healthcare Certification Council.
- Incorporates best practice and evidenced-based research in program development with a focus on standardization and efficiencies across the healthcare continuum.
- Ensures safety of all users.
- Creates a positive work environment demonstrating leadership and supervision for simulation center staff.
- Coordinates training for all users of the simulation laboratory including faculty.
- Conducts simulation exercises for Basic Life Support, ACLS and PALS.
- Develops simulation curricula to support course and department outcomes as required.
- Conducts debriefing within scope of knowledge or assists content experts with debriefing
- Collaborates with the Clinical Simulation Center’s Medical Director in the development and revision of policies and procedures pertinent to the program and the coordination and support for all aspects of simulation training.
- Evaluates and revises the clinical simulation program as needed in conjunction with the Society for Simulation in Healthcare guidelines.
- Functions as a liaison between disciplines and departments in assuring a smoothly coordinated clinical simulation program, including facilitating meetings, identifying and responding to daily problems, and communicating and collaborating with many different members of the care team.
- Participates in committee appointments to affect positive change in the clinical simulation program.
- Promotes and cultivates positive relationships with academic programs to foster a positive image with Eisenhower Health’s Clinical Simulation Center.
- Manages the operational, personnel, and financial aspects of the Clinical Simulation Center.
- Acts as the primary contact for scheduling all medical center, university schools, departments and external clients utilizing the Clinical Simulation Center’s labs and conference rooms.
- Coordinates workflow between departments.
- Schedules the Clinical Simulation Center’s staff to support learning activities.
- Oversees the maintenance of simulators, video systems and other simulation associated equipment.
- Communicates effectively with vendors regarding maintenance, repair, update and technology changes and coordinates upgrades to software and equipment as needed.
- Oversees the organization and restocking of clinical simulation program supplies and consumables.
- Oversees the set up and take down of simulation program equipment – allowing for rapid turnover of simulation lab set up as necessary.
- Identifies when additional resources are needed to support the Clinical Simulation Center and discusses with the Clinical Simulation Center’s Medical Director and leadership.
- Implements standards for measurable, realistic program outcomes with timelines and accountabilities.
- Regularly reviews data and program outcomes to identify areas for improvement.
- Shares best practices of the Clinical Simulation Program by publishing Eisenhower Health’s outcomes through conference presentations and journal publications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Eisenhower is proud to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A generous benefits package and matched retirement plan
- Health and wellness programs
Job Link: https://careers.eisenhowerhealth.org/jobs/rn-manager-clinical-simulation-clinical-simulation-learning-center/?utm_source=healthysimulation&utm_medium=jobposting&utm_campaign=l7creative