RN Educator: Curriculum Execution and Oversight NMAST
Title: RN Educator: Curriculum Execution and Oversight
Location: Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, VA
Company: The SALUS Group, Inc.
The SALUS Group, Inc. specializes in medical simulation facility design, instructor training, and systems engineering for the entire lifecycle of simulation program design, development, implementation and assessment. Our simulation team includes physicians, nurses, paramedics, EMTs, former combat medics, chief operations officers, and chief learning officers. We are seeking a RN Educator: Curriculum Execution and Oversight to join our diverse team of dedicated, customer-focused simulation professionals. The successful candidate will join a high-end team of simulation experts and work in an exciting, fast-paced and highly successful company.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Candidate shall plan and execute educational activities based on assessed training needs. This work shall support service-wide medical simulation activities of the Navy Medical Modeling and Simulation Training (NMMAST) program and Defense Health Agency, based upon the premises of quality service, coordination, and execution.
The Candidate will:
- plan, organize, and direct education and training efforts related to the development and execution of training scenarios and curriculum in support of the NMMAST program at the Naval Medical Center Portsmouth.
- serve as a medical and simulation content subject matter expert (SME) for developing curriculum related to simulation technology that includes, but is not limited to, human patient simulators, online courseware, virtual training, serious medical gaming technology, standardized patients, immersive virtual environments, and task trainers individually or in combination.
- utilize blended learning concepts to maximize the utility of developed educational tools and encompass optimal learning domains, commensurate with student level of practice.
- validate curriculum content through SG Consultants/Specialty Leaders, Functional Managers/Enlisted Technical Leaders or other identified SMEs to support end-user and Service Leadership objectives and requirements.
- developing curriculum content, the Candidate shall ensure that simulation education program key elements and terminal learning objectives are taken into account and shall ensure that simulation training outcomes measures meet educational and skill sustainment requirements.
- remain abreast of current medical management practices and use that knowledge to adapt curriculum products.
- evaluate simulation technologies and adjuncts to meet training gaps and shall assist with planning for deployment of such technologies and adjuncts to appropriate simulation sites.
- provide support and guidance to simulation sites regarding local simulation curriculum creation and execution.
- foster close working relationships with simulation sites, MTF Education and Training Departments, and identified SME’s to improve the quality, utility, and effectiveness of simulation training and liaison with the NMMAST PMO as directed.
- utilize strategic partnerships with DoD, Academic, and governmental simulation programs to provide the Government information on a request basis. Thereby allowing the applicable NMMAST program to effectively assess, collaborate and align Service medical modeling and simulation activities with other DoD, academic, and governmental simulation programs.
- Qualifying degree must include Registration as a Registered Nurse.
Bachelor’s degree in education, medical field, organization development or related field.
- Three to five years of experience developing blended curricula for simulation-based medical training.
- Competence in blended learning environments that span the full spectrum of human patient simulators, online courseware, virtual patients, computer-based and mobile-based serious medical games, standardized patients, virtual environments, task trainers in support of a blended training environment.
- Involvement in professional organizations related to medical simulation and skills lab application in curricula.
- Training in varying methods of courseware/curriculum development projects and feedback collection methodologies.
- Ability to obtain a government security clearance
- Ability to obtain Common Access Card (CAC) is required
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Four or more years of military medical experience.
- Master’s Degree in industrial or organizational psychology, education, medical, or related discipline is desired.
- Nine semester hours or more of undergraduate or graduate-level training in learning theory, curriculum development, and feedback collection methodologies; or must obtain within first year of hire. Experience may be substituted on a case by case basis.
- Training or certification in learning theory and curriculum development or must obtain within first year of hire. Experience may be substituted on a case by case basis. Certification as a Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) through the Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH) highly desirable.
Skills & Attributes:
- Outstanding communication, organizational and interpersonal skills among multi- disciplinary teams.
- Ability to work well under pressure, set priorities, and make critical decisions.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory, simulation services, technologies, and applications.
The SALUS Group, Inc. is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business and Woman- Owned Small Business headquartered in San Antonio, Texas. SALUS understands that our employees are our most valuable assets, and the delivery of exceptional customer-focused service is the main reason for our success. We bring over 34 years of experience in medical education and providing comprehensive solutions for competency-based simulation training that span all levels of care, healthcare provider and team. Our history of success designing, building and operating over 100 simulation centers worldwide, is rooted in our ability to assess the needs of the learner, identify goals of instruction and leverage the right mix of instructional media to yield outcomes that are directly observable and scientifically measured. Our implementation strategy employs the full range of learning technologies including high-fidelity simulators, task trainers, serious medical games, immersive environments, eLearning and standardized patient platforms to create hybrid and blended instructional experiences that make learning more engaging, efficient, and effective.
For more information, please visit our website at: www.thesalusgrp.com. The SALUS Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that values diversity at all levels.