Regional Simulation Technician Specialist – Providence Little Company
Providence is calling a Full Time, Day Shift Regional Simulation Technician Specialist to Providence Little Company Medical in Torrance, CA. For nearly 70 years, Providence Health & Services, Southern California, has provided quality and compassionate health care, building on a tradition of excellence, innovation, teamwork and outreach to those most in need.
In this position you will:
Provide systems and equipment management for healthcare simulations and adapt emerging technologies to meet the educational needs of the simulation programs for the Providence St. Joseph Southern California region.
Be responsible for:
- Supporting the technological aspects of realistic, highly complex clinical scenarios using sophisticated equipment and software.
- Organization of supplies, preparation for simulation activities, maintenance of the center and equipment including manikins, computers, hospital equipment and space.
- Administrative duties include managing communication tools, data collection and collation, preparation of educational materials, acquisition of supplies, tracking and scheduling of supplies and equipment.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Education or related field of study
- Two ( 2 ) years working directly with simulation education and / or healthcare simulation
- Possess strong technical aptitude
- Quickly troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated written communication skills
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Possess flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Perform work independently with minimal supervision
- Possess a high degree of initiative
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Proficient with computer hardware equipment and software applications, including those relevant to simulator functions
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and Excel Applications
- Proficient in the use of audio / visual equipment, including recording, duplication and editing
- Current Basic Life Support ( BLS ) certification
- Obtain Certified Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialist ( CHSOS ) within two years of hire
About the Region you will serve.
For nearly 70 years, Providence Health & Services, Southern California, has provided quality and compassionate health care, building on a tradition of excellence, innovation, teamwork and outreach to those most in need.
Anchored by five award-winning comprehensive medical centers, Providence provides a full spectrum of care that includes a range of specialties, signature services, outpatient and home care and the well-regarded Providence Medical Institute, a group of physicians and primary and urgent care clinics throughout the greater San Fernando Valley and South Bay. Providence is focused on providing the communities it serves with preventive care, education and leading-edge diagnostics and treatment. The organization includes numerous outreach programs. hospice and home care and even our own Providence High School, a Blue Ribbon college-preparatory campus.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Answer the call. Providenceiscalling.jobs
When applying online, please reference job number 220897.
Providence Health & Services is an equal opportunity employer who provides competitive benefits, a drug-free workplace and supports work/life balance.